D S Klimstra
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Klimstra D. Nonductal neoplasms of the pancreas. Mod Pathol. 2007;20 Suppl 1:S94-112 pubmed..This review details the clinical and pathologic features of these nonductal neoplasms, highlighting diagnostic criteria including the use of specific immunohistochemical stains to define the cellular differentiation of the neoplasms...
- Klimstra D, Modlin I, Coppola D, Lloyd R, Suster S. The pathologic classification of neuroendocrine tumors: a review of nomenclature, grading, and staging systems. Pancreas. 2010;39:707-12 pubmed publisher....
- Klimstra D, Adsay V. Acinar neoplasms of the pancreas-A summary of 25 years of research. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2016;33:307-18 pubmed publisher..This review explores the clinical and pathologic features of pancreatic acinar neoplasms along with their more common molecular phenotypes. The differential diagnosis with other pancreatic neoplasms is explored as well. ..
- Allen P, Iacobuzio Donahue C, Klimstra D. Cyst Fluid Analysis in Pancreatic Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasms. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:4966-4967 pubmed..Cyst fluid telomerase activity may be a useful biomarker for high-risk IPMNs. Clin Cancer Res; 22(20); 4966-7. ©2016 AACRSee related article by Hata et al., p. 5141. ..
- Basturk O, Chung S, Hruban R, Adsay N, Askan G, Iacobuzio Donahue C, et al. Distinct pathways of pathogenesis of intraductal oncocytic papillary neoplasms and intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Virchows Arch. 2016;469:523-532 pubmed..003). These results show that IOPNs have distinct immunoprofile and provide support for the proposition that IOPN is a distinct entity developing through a mechanism different from other pancreatic ductal neoplasms. ..
- Klimstra D, Modlin I, Adsay N, Chetty R, Deshpande V, Gonen M, et al. Pathology reporting of neuroendocrine tumors: application of the Delphic consensus process to the development of a minimum pathology data set. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010;34:300-13 pubmed publisher..Examination of the areas of disagreement reveals significant opportunities for collaborative study to resolve unanswered questions. ..
- Lee L, Sadot E, Ivelja S, Vakiani E, Hechtman J, Sevinsky C, et al. ARID1A expression in early stage colorectal adenocarcinoma: an exploration of its prognostic significance. Hum Pathol. 2016;53:97-104 pubmed publisher..Such data are clinically relevant, as efforts are ongoing in identifying markers that can detect the small but significant subset of early stage CRCs that will have a poor outcome. ..