Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Ichiki T, Huntley B, Burnett J. BNP molecular forms and processing by the cardiac serine protease corin. Adv Clin Chem. 2013;61:1-31 pubmed..A potential impairment of proBNP1lo8 processing in HF may be linked to dysregulation of the convertase corin, which may offer therapeutic opportunities to control proBNPlo0s processing and its activation in HF. ..
- Ichiki T, Boerrigter G, Huntley B, Sangaralingham S, McKie P, Harty G, et al. Differential expression of the pro-natriuretic peptide convertases corin and furin in experimental heart failure and atrial fibrosis. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;304:R102-9 pubmed publisher..Selective changes of these NP convertases may have significance in the regulation of pro-NP processing and atrial remodeling in early stage HF...
- Ichiki T, Schirger J, Huntley B, Brozovich F, Maleszewski J, Sandberg S, et al. Cardiac fibrosis in end-stage human heart failure and the cardiac natriuretic peptide guanylyl cyclase system: regulation and therapeutic implications. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;75:199-205 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the failing LV is characterized by increased fibrosis and reduced CNP gene expression. LVAD support did not reverse Col deposition nor restore CNP production, suggesting a therapeutic opportunity for CD-NP. ..
- Ichiki T, Huntley B, Harty G, Sangaralingham S, Burnett J. Early activation of deleterious molecular pathways in the kidney in experimental heart failure with atrial remodeling. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..These changes may provide important clues into the pathophysiology of ES-HF and for therapeutic molecular targets in the kidney of ES-HF. ..
- Ichiki T, Izumi R, Cataliotti A, Larsen A, Sandberg S, Burnett J. Endothelial permeability in vitro and in vivo: protective actions of ANP and omapatrilat in experimental atherosclerosis. Peptides. 2013;48:21-6 pubmed publisher..These studies support the therapeutic potential of dual inhibition of NEP and ACE in the prevention of increased arterial ECP and atherogenesis which may be linked to the ANP/cGMP system. ..