D Luke Glancy
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Glancy D. Chest Pain, Heart Murmur, and Changing Electrocardiograms. Am J Cardiol. 2016;117:1542-3 pubmed publisher..Physical examination, electrocardiograms, and an echo-Doppler study document multiple consequences of a right coronary arterial occlusion. ..
- ..In a 63-year-old man, episodes of ventricular tachycardia causing syncope and myocardial infarction are the first manifestations of triple vessel coronary disease in the absence of arteriographic evidence of a fresh occlusion. ..
- Glancy D. Dizziness Playing the Saxophone Secondary to Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2016;118:777-8 pubmed publisher..Because of this, a musician with the condition develops dizziness playing his saxophone which requires repeated and prolonged Valsalva maneuvers. ..
- Hanna E, Glancy D. The de Winter Electrocardiographic Pattern of Proximal Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery Occlusion. Am J Cardiol. 2016;118:1095-6 pubmed publisher..An example of the electrocardiographic pattern of acute anterior myocardial infarction described by deWinter et al is presented, and its implications is discussed. ..
- Glancy D. Electrocardiogram in a 39-Year-Old Woman After Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting. Am J Cardiol. 2016;118:623-4 pubmed publisher..After coronary arterial bypass operation for angina pectoris without prior myocardial infarction, a 39-year-old woman has an electrocardiogram during right ventricular pacing that is highly specific for anterior myocardial infarction. ..
- ..Failure to recognize ECG features consistent with acute cor pulmonale in a man with new onset syncope and dyspnea resulted in death from undiagnosed pulmonary emboli. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. Syncope, Junctional Premature Complexes, and Pseudo-Type II Atrioventricular Block. Am J Cardiol. 2018;121:775-776 pubmed publisher..In a woman with syncope, junctional premature complexes and what appeared to be intermittent atrioventricular block suggested concealed conduction of His bundle extrasystoles. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. Hypotension and Left Bundle Branch Block. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1292-1293 pubmed publisher..He was treated with an intraaortic balloon pump and percutaneous coronary intervention, followed by coronary artery bypass operation at a nearby hospital. ..
- Joseph A, Wilklow F, Olivier J, Joseph G, Glancy D. Angiosarcoma of the Heart Presenting as Subacute Pericarditis. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:941-943 pubmed publisher..A young woman, who presented with what appeared to be subacute pericarditis, was found to have primary angiosarcoma of the heart, a condition that is nearly always fatal regardless of the therapy. ..
- ..Thus, she had myocardial ischemia, and coronary arteriography revealed left main and triple vessel coronary disease. She went for urgent coronary artery bypass operation. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. The Value of Reciprocal Electrocardiographic Leads. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1490-1491 pubmed publisher..1 mV ST-segment elevation in lead III, and virtually no ST elevation in leads II and aVF, striking ST-segment depression in lead aVL, the reciprocal lead to lead III, confirmed the diagnosis of acute inferior myocardial infarction. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. Chest Pain and ST-Segment Elevation in an 18-Year-Old Man. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1701-1702 pubmed publisher..His electrocardiograms indicated evolving pericarditis. His echocardiogram showed mild, diffuse left ventricular hypokinesia, and his troponin I level peaked at 47.5 ng/ml. Thus, he had myopericarditis. ..
- Breaux D, Glancy D. Sinus Tachycardia With Variable QRS Morphology. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:511 pubmed publisher..Wolff-Parkinson-White-type ventricular preexcitation was recognized for the first time in a 67-year-old man four days after aortic valve replacement. The preexcitation was intermittent. ..
- Glancy D, Helmcke F, Hoang A. Bradycardia, Syncope, and Left Ventricular Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:716-717 pubmed publisher..After placement of a dual-chamber cardioverter defibrillator 4 years ago, he has had no further syncopal episodes, and there have been no defibrillator shocks. ..
- Glancy D, Helmcke F. Double-Chambered Right Ventricle in a 49-Year-Old Man. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1037-1039 pubmed publisher..Most patients with double-chambered right ventricles are diagnosed in childhood, but some escape definitive diagnosis until adulthood, as was the case in the patient described here. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. Painless Mini-Wellens Sign 5 Minutes After Exercise in a Man With Previously Undiagnosed Total Occlusion of the Left Anterior Descending and Right Coronary Arteries. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:2110-2112 pubmed publisher..Coronary arteriography showed complete occlusion of the left anterior descending and right coronary arteries...
- Hanna E, LeLorier P, Tadin D, Ortiz R, Glancy D. Malignant Early Repolarization. Am J Cardiol. 2018;121:520-522 pubmed publisher..Structural and electrical causes of ventricular fibrillation in the young are presented along with a diagnostic strategy. Electrocardiographic features of malignant early repolarization are discussed. ..
- Kawji M, Glancy D. An 18-Year-Old Woman Who Was Found Down. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1124-1125 pubmed publisher..An implantable cardioverter defibrillator was placed. After being free of symptoms for 1 year, she spontaneously developed torsades de pointes that was successfully terminated by the defibrillator. ..