INDIRA NONE POOLA
Affiliation: Howard University
- Poola I, Shokrani B, Bhatnagar R, DeWitty R, Yue Q, Bonney G. Expression of carcinoembryonic antigen cell adhesion molecule 6 oncoprotein in atypical ductal hyperplastic tissues is associated with the development of invasive breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:4773-83 pubmed..It could also be a potential molecular therapeutic target for preventing IBC. ..
- Poola I, Abraham J, Baldwin K. Identification of ten exon deleted ERbeta mRNAs in human ovary, breast, uterus and bone tissues: alternate splicing pattern of estrogen receptor beta mRNA is distinct from that of estrogen receptor alpha. FEBS Lett. 2002;516:133-8 pubmed..The presence of a ERbeta variant profile together with other ER isoforms in a tissue may have functional implications in binding and response to a particular ligand. ..
- Poola I, Abraham J, Liu A. Estrogen receptor beta splice variant mRNAs are differentially altered during breast carcinogenesis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;82:169-79 pubmed..03). Other variants were either expressed at very low frequency or not significantly altered. ..
- Poola I, Yue Q. Estrogen receptor alpha (ER alpha) mRNA copy numbers in immunohistochemically ER alpha-positive-, and negative breast cancer tissues. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:56 pubmed..We expect that the cut off values determined here will be highly significant for applying molecular assay in the place of IHC in clinical laboratories for evaluating the presence of ERalpha for prognostic and therapeutic purposes. ..
- Poola I, Abraham J, Marshalleck J, Yue Q, Lokeshwar V, Bonney G, et al. Molecular risk assessment for breast cancer development in patients with ductal hyperplasias. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:1274-80 pubmed publisher..Detection at the precancerous stage and treatment could drastically cut down breast cancer incidence and deaths from it. ..