IAN E KROP
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Pictilisib for oestrogen receptor-positive, aromatase inhibitor-resistant, advanced or metastatic breast cancer (FERGI): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trialIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 17:811-21. 2016..The aim of this study is to establish if addition of pictilisib to fulvestrant can improve progression-free survival in oestrogen receptor-positive, endocrine-resistant breast cancer...
- Phase 1b/2a study of trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1), paclitaxel, and pertuzumab in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerIAN E KROP
Breast Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res 18:34. 2016..This phase 1b/2a study evaluated the safety/tolerability of T-DM1 + paclitaxel ± pertuzumab in HER2-positive advanced breast cancer...
- Feasibility and cardiac safety of trastuzumab emtansine after anthracycline-based chemotherapy as (neo)adjuvant therapy for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive early-stage breast cancerIAN E KROP
Ian E Krop, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Thomas M Suter, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland Chau T Dang, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York Marc L Citron, Hofstra North Shore Long Island Jewish School of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY Luc Dirix, Sint Augustinus Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium Gilles Romieu, Institut du Cancer de Montpellier Val d Aurelle, Montpellier Mario Campone, institut de cancérologie de l Ouest René Gauducheau, Nantes Saint Herblain, France Claudio Zamagni, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna Luca Gianni, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy and Na Xu and Melanie Smitt, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA
J Clin Oncol 33:1136-42. 2015....
- Phase I study of trastuzumab-DM1, an HER2 antibody-drug conjugate, given every 3 weeks to patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2698-704. 2010..This first-in-human study of T-DM1 evaluated safety, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary activity of T-DM1 in patients with advanced HER2-positive breast cancer...
- A phase II study of trastuzumab emtansine in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer who were previously treated with trastuzumab, lapatinib, an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabineIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3234-41. 2012....
- An integrated multiple-analyte pharmacokinetic model to characterize trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) clearance pathways and to evaluate reduced pharmacokinetic sampling in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerDan Lu
Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 52:657-72. 2013..The model can also be used to predict total trastuzumab pharmacokinetic profiles based on T-DM1 conjugate pharmacokinetic data and sparse total trastuzumab pharmacokinetic data, thereby reducing the frequency of pharmacokinetic sampling...
- Molecular Heterogeneity and Response to Neoadjuvant Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 Targeting in CALGB 40601, a Randomized Phase III Trial of Paclitaxel Plus Trastuzumab With or Without LapatinibLisa A Carey
Lisa A Carey, David W Ollila, Carey K Anders, Katherine A Hoadley, Michael Iglesia, and Charles M Perou, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill Constance T Cirrincione and Brandelyn N Pitcher, Alliance Statistics and Data Center, Duke University, Durham, NC Donald A Berry, Alliance Statistics and Data Center, MD Anderson, Houston, TX William T Barry, Alliance Statistics and Data Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Ian E Krop and Eric P Winer, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Lyndsay N Harris, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH Norah Lynn Henry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Douglas J Weckstein, New Hampshire Hematology Oncology, Hooksett, NH Baljit Singh, New York University Clifford A Hudis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY and Maggie Chon U Cheang, Clinical Trials and Statistics Unit, Institute of Cancer Research, Belmont, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 34:542-9. 2016..CALGB 40601 examined the impact of dual HER2 blockade consisting of trastuzumab and lapatinib added to paclitaxel, considering tumor and microenvironment molecular features...
- Clinical pharmacology of trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1): an antibody-drug conjugate in development for the treatment of HER2-positive cancerSandhya Girish
Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 69:1229-40. 2012..6 mg/kg every 3 weeks (q3w) were assessed in aggregate...
- A population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model of thrombocytopenia characterizing the effect of trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) on platelet counts in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerBrendan C Bender
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 70:591-601. 2012..Thrombocytopenia (TCP) is the dose-limiting toxicity of T-DM1. A semimechanistic population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) model was developed to characterize the effect of T-DM1 on patient platelet counts...
- Neoadjuvant bevacizumab: surgical complications of mastectomy with and without reconstructionKari Joanne Kansal
Brigham and Women s Hopspital, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:255-9. 2013..As larger data sets become available with the use of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with mastectomy, further refinement may be necessary. ..
- Trastuzumab emtansine versus treatment of physician's choice for pretreated HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (TH3RESA): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trialIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:689-99. 2014..We aimed to compare trastuzumab emtansine, an antibody-drug conjugate comprising the cytotoxic agent DM1 linked to trastuzumab, with treatment of physician's choice in this population of patients...
- Clinicopathological features among patients with advanced human epidermal growth factor-2-positive breast cancer with prolonged clinical benefit to first-line trastuzumab-based therapy: a retrospective cohort studyInes Vaz-Luis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Breast Oncology Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 13:254-63. 2013..In this retrospective study, we investigated the clinicopathological features associated with prolonged first-line trastuzumab-based treatment duration...
- Prospective clinical experience with research biopsies in breast cancer patientsInes Vaz-Luis
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:203-9. 2013..This supports continued efforts to study tissue samples at multiple points in a patient's disease course...
- Disruption of laminin-integrin-CD151-focal adhesion kinase axis sensitizes breast cancer cells to ErbB2 antagonistsXiuwei H Yang
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 70:2256-63. 2010..These new insights should be useful when devising strategies for overcoming drug resistance in ErbB2+ cancers...
- Advances in targeting SRC in the treatment of breast cancer and other solid malignanciesErica L Mayer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3526-32. 2010..Future trials will continue to explore the contribution of Src inhibition with both chemotherapy and targeted agents...
- Phase II study of tivantinib (ARQ 197) in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Yawkey 1257, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Invest New Drugs 33:1108-14. 2015..We conducted a phase 2 study of tivantinib monotherapy in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer...
- A phase II study of preoperative capecitabine in women with operable hormone receptor positive breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Med 3:293-9. 2014..Preoperative capecitabine is a well-tolerated regimen, but appears not lead to pCR when used as monotherapy in HR+ breast cancer...
- A phase II study of sagopilone (ZK 219477; ZK-EPO) in patients with breast cancer and brain metastasesRachel A Freedman
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:376-83. 2011..We observed modest activity with a central nervous system objective response rate of 13.3%; however, median PFS was disappointing. Further studies should focus on other agents to treat this challenging clinical problem...
- Adjuvant paclitaxel and trastuzumab for node-negative, HER2-positive breast cancerSara M Tolaney
From the Departments of Medical Oncology S M T, B A O, A H P, I E K, H J B, E P W and Biostatistics and Computation Biology W T B, H G, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Department of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital B M both in Boston Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Department of Medicine, Solid Tumor Division, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York C T D, C A H, and Department of Medical Oncology, Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine, New Hyde Park I S all in New York Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Nashville D A Y Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Duke Cancer Institute, Durham P K M, and Department of Medical Oncology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill L A C both in North Carolina Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL K S A Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco H S R Department of Medical Oncology, Washington University in St Louis, 3400 Spruce Street
N Engl J Med 372:134-41. 2015....
- Phase II Study of Lapatinib in Combination With Trastuzumab in Patients With Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer: Clinical Outcomes and Predictive Value of Early [18F]Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography INancy U Lin
Nancy U Lin, Hao Guo, Nicole Ryabin, Julie S Najita, William T Barry, Ian E Krop, Eric P Winer, and Annick D Van den Abbeele, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Andrea L Richardson and Annick D Van den Abbeele, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Jeffrey T Yap, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT Ingrid A Mayer and Carlos L Arteaga, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN Carla I Falkson, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL Timothy J Hobday, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN E Claire Dees, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC Rita Nanda, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL Mothaffar F Rimawi, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX and Antonio C Wolff, Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD
J Clin Oncol 33:2623-31. 2015..We tested the combination in the earlier-line setting and explored the predictive value of [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography ([(18)F]FDG-PET) for clinical outcomes...
- Trastuzumab Emtansine (T-DM1) in Patients With HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer Previously Treated With Chemotherapy and 2 or More HER2-Targeted Agents: Results From the T-PAS Expanded Access StudyDenise A Yardley
From the Breast Cancer Research, Sarah Cannon Research Institute and Medical Oncology, Tennessee Oncology, PLLC, Nashville, TN Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Smilow Cancer Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT AdvancedBC org, New York, NY Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA and Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Cancer J 21:357-64. 2015..Few data approximating its use in routine clinical practice are available...
- Prevalence of germline TP53 mutations in HER2+ breast cancer patientsMichelle G Rath
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:193-8. 2013..Given the potential clinical impact, consideration of germline TP53 testing should be given to young women with HER2+ breast cancer, especially if family cancer history is notable...
- Overcoming Therapeutic Resistance in HER2-Positive Breast Cancers with CDK4/6 InhibitorsShom Goel
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA Electronic address
Cancer Cell 29:255-69. 2016..In vivo, CDK4/6 inhibitors sensitize patient-derived xenograft tumors to HER2-targeted therapies and delay tumor recurrence in a transgenic model of HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Mechanisms of trastuzumab resistance in breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 9:348-55. 2009..In this review, we discuss the mechanisms of antitumor activity of trastuzumab, potential mechanisms contributing to its resistance, and novel therapeutic agents that may provide a means to overcome trastuzumab resistance...
- Does MRI predict pathologic tumor response in women with breast cancer undergoing preoperative chemotherapy?Davendra Segara
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:474-80. 2007..The purpose of this study is to review imaging studies performed in patients who received preoperative chemotherapy prior to surgery and determine whether MRI, ultrasound (US) or physical exam best predicted final pathologic tumor size...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of these studies will thus determine the role of HIN-1 as a potential tumor suppressor gene and, since it is inactivated frequently in early BC, may provide an excellent target for preventive intervention. ..