Affiliation: Emory University
- Liang Z, Wu H, Reddy S, Zhu A, Wang S, Blevins D, et al. Blockade of invasion and metastasis of breast cancer cells via targeting CXCR4 with an artificial microRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:542-6 pubmed..These data support the conclusion that miRNA against CXCR4 can serve as an alterative means of therapy to lower CXCR4 expression and to block the invasion and metastasis of breast cancer cells. ..
- Liang Z, Wu H, Xia J, Li Y, Zhang Y, Huang K, et al. Involvement of miR-326 in chemotherapy resistance of breast cancer through modulating expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:817-24 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate for the first time the involvement of miRNAs in multidrug resistance mediated by MRP-1 and suggest that miR-326 may be an efficient agent for preventing and reversing MDR in tumor cells. ..
- Liang Z, Li Y, Huang K, Wagar N, Shim H. Regulation of miR-19 to breast cancer chemoresistance through targeting PTEN. Pharm Res. 2011;28:3091-100 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate, for the first time, involvement of miR-19 in multidrug resistance through modulation of PTEN and suggest that miR-19 may be a potential target for preventing and reversing MDR in tumor cells. ..
- Liang Z, Ahn J, Guo D, Votaw J, Shim H. MicroRNA-302 replacement therapy sensitizes breast cancer cells to ionizing radiation. Pharm Res. 2013;30:1008-16 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-302 is a potential sensitizer to radiotherapy. ..
- Liang Z, Bian X, Shim H. Inhibition of breast cancer metastasis with microRNA-302a by downregulation of CXCR4 expression. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014;146:535-42 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-302a mimics are potential therapeutic agents for breast cancer metastasis. ..
- Liang Z, Bian X, Shim H. Downregulation of microRNA-206 promotes invasion and angiogenesis of triple negative breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:461-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate for the first time the involvement of miRNA-206 in TNBC invasion and angiogenesis and suggest that miR-206 may be an efficient agent for therapy of TNBC. ..
- Bian X, Liang Z, Feng A, SALGADO E, Shim H. HDAC inhibitor suppresses proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells through regulation of miR-200c targeting CRKL. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018;147:30-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the HDAC-miR200c-CRKL signaling axis could be a novel diagnostic marker and potential therapeutic target in breast cancer. ..