Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Yan S, Dong X. Perception of the plant immune signal salicylic acid. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2014;20:64-8 pubmed publisher..Consequently, NPR1 is degraded at the infection site to remove its inhibition on effector-triggered cell death and defense, whereas NPR1 accumulates in neighboring cells to promote cell survival and SA-mediated resistance. ..
- Zheng X, Zhou M, Yoo H, Pruneda Paz J, Spivey N, Kay S, et al. Spatial and temporal regulation of biosynthesis of the plant immune signal salicylic acid. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:9166-73 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that SA biosynthesis is regulated by multiple TFs in a spatial and temporal manner and therefore fills a gap in the signal transduction pathway between pathogen recognition and SA production. ..
- ..In this issue of Cell Host & Microbe, Yuan et al. (2017) show that SA binds to CATALASE2 to inhibit auxin and jasmonic acid biosynthetic enzymes as a means to strengthen plant immunity against biotrophic pathogens. ..
- Dong X. Pathogen-induced systemic DNA rearrangement in plants. Trends Plant Sci. 2004;9:60-1 pubmed..A similar increase in DNA recombination was also observed in the progeny of the infected plants, indicating that pathogen-induced recombination can lead to heritable adaptations to environmental stresses. ..
- Wang S, Gu Y, Zebell S, Anderson L, Wang W, Mohan R, et al. A noncanonical role for the CKI-RB-E2F cell-cycle signaling pathway in plant effector-triggered immunity. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;16:787-94 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that canonical cell-cycle regulators also play important noncanonical roles in plant immunity. ..
- Saleh A, Withers J, Mohan R, Marques J, Gu Y, Yan S, et al. Posttranslational Modifications of the Master Transcriptional Regulator NPR1 Enable Dynamic but Tight Control of Plant Immune Responses. Cell Host Microbe. 2015;18:169-82 pubmed publisher..SUMO modification of NPR1 is inhibited by phosphorylation at Ser55/Ser59, which keeps NPR1 stable and quiescent. Thus, posttranslational modifications enable dynamic but tight and precise control of plant immune responses. ..
- Gu Y, Zebell S, Liang Z, Wang S, Kang B, Dong X. Nuclear Pore Permeabilization Is a Convergent Signaling Event in Effector-Triggered Immunity. Cell. 2016;166:1526-1538.e11 pubmed publisher..Consequently, these coordinated NPC actions result in simultaneous activation of diverse stress-related signaling pathways and constitute an essential regulatory mechanism specific for ETI/PCD induction. ..