Sean K Lau
Affiliation: City of Hope National Medical Center
- Lau S, Weiss L. Calcifying fibrous tumor of the adrenal gland. Hum Pathol. 2007;38:656-9 pubmed..Although rare, awareness that calcifying fibrous tumor may occur at this particular site is important so as not to confuse this lesion with other mesenchymal neoplasms of the adrenal gland. ..
- Lau S, Chu P, Weiss L. Mixed cortical adenoma and composite pheochromocytoma-ganglioneuroma: an unusual corticomedullary tumor of the adrenal gland. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011;15:185-9 pubmed publisher..The present case serves to broaden the morphologic spectrum of mixed tumors that may be encountered in the adrenal gland. ..
- Lau S, Weiss L, Chu P. D2-40 immunohistochemistry in the differential diagnosis of seminoma and embryonal carcinoma: a comparative immunohistochemical study with KIT (CD117) and CD30. Mod Pathol. 2007;20:320-5 pubmed..Although a highly sensitive marker for seminomas, D2-40 positivity was also observed in a subset of embryonal carcinomas, thus limiting the utility of this antibody for discriminating between these two malignancies. ..
- Lau S, Spagnolo D, Weiss L. Schwannoma of the adrenal gland: report of two cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006;30:630-4 pubmed..Because of its rarity, schwannoma occurring at this particular site can pose problems in diagnosis and should be distinguished from other spindle cell lesions of the adrenal gland...
- Lau S, Chu P, Weiss L. Immunohistochemical expression of Langerin in Langerhans cell histiocytosis and non-Langerhans cell histiocytic disorders. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:615-9 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemical evaluation of Langerin expression may have utility in substantiating a diagnosis of Langerhans cell histiocytosis and separating this disorder from other non-Langerhans cell histiocytic proliferations. ..
- Lau S, Weiss L. The Weiss system for evaluating adrenocortical neoplasms: 25 years later. Hum Pathol. 2009;40:757-68 pubmed publisher..Considerable advances in the understanding of the pathology of adrenocortical neoplasia have occurred since delineation of the Weiss system, offering alternative approaches to the contemporary assessment of adrenocortical tumors...