Genomes and Genes
C J Glueck
Affiliation: Cholesterol Center
- Glueck C, Wang P, Goldenberg N, Sieve L. Pregnancy loss, polycystic ovary syndrome, thrombophilia, hypofibrinolysis, enoxaparin, metformin. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2004;10:323-34 pubmed..6, p <. 0001). There were no adverse maternal or fetal therapy effects. Enoxaparin-metformin reduces pregnancy loss in women with PCOS with one or more previous SAB, who also have thrombophilia and/or hypofibrinolysis. ..
- Glueck C, Morrison J, Goldenberg N, Wang P. Coronary heart disease risk factors in adult premenopausal white women with polycystic ovary syndrome compared with a healthy female population. Metabolism. 2009;58:714-21 pubmed publisher..Identification of women with clinical features of PCOS should alert the clinician to potentially increased risk for CHD and prompt CHD risk factor testing. ..
- Glueck C, Sieve L, Zhu B, Wang P. Plasminogen activator inhibitor activity, 4G5G polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 gene, and first-trimester miscarriage in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Metabolism. 2006;55:345-52 pubmed....
- Glueck C, Wang P, Bell H, Rangaraj V, Goldenberg N. Nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy: associations with homozygosity for the C677T methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation. J Lab Clin Med. 2004;143:184-92 pubmed..Confirmation of a causal relationship between coagulation disorders and NAION should facilitate its prevention and treatment and help protect against thrombi in other vascular beds. ..
- Glueck C, Goldenberg N, Bell H, Golnik K, Wang P. Amaurosis fugax: associations with heritable thrombophilia. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2005;11:235-41 pubmed....
- Glueck C, Pranikoff J, Aregawi D, Haque M, Zhu B, Tracy T, et al. The factor V Leiden mutation, high factor VIII, and high plasminogen activator inhibitor activity: etiologies for sporadic miscarriage. Metabolism. 2005;54:1345-9 pubmed..05) in measures of thrombophilia and hypofibrinolysis. After unexplained sporadic first trimester miscarriage, we suggest that measurements be done of the FV mutation, PAI-Fx, and factor VIII, etiologies for sporadic miscarriage. ..
- Glueck C, Wang P, Bell H, Rangaraj V, Goldenberg N. Associations of thrombophilia, hypofibrinolysis, and retinal vein occlusion. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2005;11:375-89 pubmed..Associations between heritable coagulation disorders and RVO, most marked in cases < or = age 55, and often amplified in women by thrombophilic HRT, are, speculatively, causal. ..
- Glueck C, Golnik K, Ping Wang -. Amaurosis fugax caused by heritable thrombophilia-hypofibrinolysis in cases without carotid atherosclerosis: thromboprophylaxis prevents subsequent transient monocular partial blindness. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2007;13:124-9 pubmed..When amaurosis fugax occurs without carotid artery atherosclerosis or other known causes, thrombophilia or hypofibrinolysis, or both are nearly universal, safely treatable, reversible pathoetiologies...
- Glueck C, Ping Wang -, Hutchins R, Petersen M, Golnik K. Ocular vascular thrombotic events: central retinal vein and central retinal artery occlusions. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2008;14:286-94 pubmed....
- Glueck C, Freiberg R, Wang P. Heritable thrombophilia-hypofibrinolysis and osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008;466:1034-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest inherited thrombophilia and hypofibrinolysis are risk factors for both idiopathic and secondary osteonecrosis of the head of the femur. ..
- Glueck C, Freiberg R, Boppana S, Wang P. Thrombophilia, hypofibrinolysis, the eNOS T-786C polymorphism, and multifocal osteonecrosis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008;90:2220-9 pubmed publisher..Multifocal and unifocal osteonecrosis are similarly associated with thrombophilia, hypofibrinolysis, and the eNOS T-786C polymorphism, which are potentially treatable pathophysiologic conditions, requiring further study. ..
- Glueck C, McMahon R, Bouquot J, Khan N, Wang P. T-786C polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and neuralgia-inducing cavitational osteonecrosis of the jaws. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;109:548-53 pubmed publisher....