W C De Mello
Affiliation: University of Puerto Rico
- De Mello W, Ferrario C, Jessup J. Beneficial versus harmful effects of Angiotensin (1-7) on impulse propagation and cardiac arrhythmias in the failing heart. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2007;8:74-80 pubmed....
- De Mello W, Monterrubio J. Intracellular and extracellular angiotensin II enhance the L-type calcium current in the failing heart. Hypertension. 2004;44:360-4 pubmed..Moreover, intracellular enalaprilat by itself reduced the peak I(Ca) density. These observations might indicate that endogenous Ang II is contributing to I(Ca) modulation in the failing heart. ..
- De Mello W. Effect of extracellular and intracellular angiotensins on heart cell function; on the cardiac renin-angiotensin system. Regul Pept. 2003;114:87-90 pubmed..Moreover, I discussed the most relevant information about the origin of cardiac renin, the presence of a cardiac renin-angiotensin aldosterone system and its possible relevance for heart cell physiology and pathology. ..
- De Mello W. Further studies on the effect of intracellular angiotensins on heart cell communication: on the role of endogenous angiotensin II. Regul Pept. 2003;115:31-6 pubmed....
- De Mello W. Angiotensin (1-7) re-establishes impulse conduction in cardiac muscle during ischaemia-reperfusion. The role of the sodium pump. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2004;5:203-8 pubmed..These effects of Ang (1-7), and the increment of cardiac refractoriness, provide an explanation for the reduced incidence of arrhythmias during ischaemia/reperfusion in the presence of Ang (1-7). ..