Andrew P Jackson
Affiliation: Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
- Jackson A. Tandem gene arrays in Trypanosoma brucei: comparative phylogenomic analysis of duplicate sequence variation. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:54 pubmed..In describing dynamics of sequence variation that have consequences beyond gene dosage, this survey provides a basis for uncovering the hidden functionality within tandem gene arrays in trypanosomatids. ..
- Jackson A. Evolutionary consequences of a large duplication event in Trypanosoma brucei: chromosomes 4 and 8 are partial duplicons. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:432 pubmed..brucei relative to other trypanosomatids. ..
- Jackson A, Vaughan S, Gull K. Evolution of tubulin gene arrays in Trypanosomatid parasites: genomic restructuring in Leishmania. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:261 pubmed..This fundamental reorganisation accounted for the dissimilar genomic architectures of T. brucei and L. major tubulin repertoires. ..
- Jackson A, Quail M, Berriman M. Insights into the genome sequence of a free-living Kinetoplastid: Bodo saltans (Kinetoplastida: Euglenozoa). BMC Genomics. 2008;9:594 pubmed publisher..Various coding regions were sequenced to provide a preliminary insight into the bodonid genome sequence, relative to trypanosomatid sequences...
- Jackson A, Gamble J, Yeomans T, Moran G, Saunders D, Harris D, et al. Comparative genomics of the fungal pathogens Candida dubliniensis and Candida albicans. Genome Res. 2009;19:2231-44 pubmed publisher..albicans, C. dubliniensis has lost genomic capacity and key pathogenic functions. This could explain why C. albicans is a more potent pathogen in humans than C. dubliniensis. ..
- Jackson A. The evolution of amastin surface glycoproteins in trypanosomatid parasites. Mol Biol Evol. 2010;27:33-45 pubmed publisher....
- Jackson A, Thomas G, Parkhill J, Thomson N. Evolutionary diversification of an ancient gene family (rhs) through C-terminal displacement. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:584 pubmed publisher..Hence, we predict that a large pool of dissociated rhs C-terminal tips exists episomally and these are potentially transmitted across taxonomic boundaries. ..
- Jackson A, Vaughan S, Gull K. Comparative genomics and concerted evolution of beta-tubulin paralogs in Leishmania spp. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:137 pubmed..infantum and L. braziliensis. Untranscribed regions and coding sequences for each isoform were compared within and between species in relation to the known diversity of beta-tubulin transcripts in Leishmania spp...
- Jackson A. Origins of amino acid transporter loci in trypanosomatid parasites. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:26 pubmed..Not least in T. brucei, which seems to have retained fewer ancestral loci and has acquired novel loci through a complex mix of tandem and transpositive duplication. ..