Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- The X-inactivation trans-activator Rnf12 is negatively regulated by pluripotency factors in embryonic stem cellsPablo Navarro
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JQ, Scotland, UK
Hum Genet 130:255-64. 2011..We conclude that in mouse ES cells the pluripotency-associated machinery exerts an exhaustive control of X-inactivation by taking over the regulation of all three major regulators of X-inactivation: Xist, Tsix, and Rnf12...
- OCT4/SOX2-independent Nanog autorepression modulates heterogeneous Nanog gene expression in mouse ES cellsPablo Navarro
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
EMBO J 31:4547-62. 2012..Therefore, cellular variability in self-renewal efficiency is an emergent property of the pluripotency gene regulatory network...
- Molecular coupling of Tsix regulation and pluripotencyPablo Navarro
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, URA 2578, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nature 468:457-60. 2010..The holistic pattern of Xist/Tsix regulation by pluripotent factors that we have identified suggests a general direct governance of complex epigenetic processes by the machinery dedicated to pluripotency...
- Molecular coupling of Xist regulation and pluripotencyPablo Navarro
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, CNRS, URA2578, F 75015, Paris, France
Science 321:1693-5. 2008..We conclude that the three main genetic factors underlying pluripotency cooperate to repress Xist and thus couple X inactivation reprogramming to the control of pluripotency during embryogenesis...
- Tsix-mediated epigenetic switch of a CTCF-flanked region of the Xist promoter determines the Xist transcription programPablo Navarro
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, Institut Pasteur 75724, Paris Cedex 15, France
Genes Dev 20:2787-92. 2006..Our results provide mechanistic insights into the Tsix-mediated epigenetic regulation of Xist resulting in Xist promoter activation and initiation of X inactivation in differentiating ES cells...
- Tsix transcription across the Xist gene alters chromatin conformation without affecting Xist transcription: implications for X-chromosome inactivationPablo Navarro
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, URA 2578, Pasteur Institute, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Genes Dev 19:1474-84. 2005..In this model, Tsix, by resetting the epigenetic state of the Xist/Tsix locus, mediates the transition from imprinted to random XCI...
- Esrrb is a direct Nanog target gene that can substitute for Nanog function in pluripotent cellsNicola Festuccia
MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, 5 Little France Drive, Edinburgh EH16 4UU, Scotland
Cell Stem Cell 11:477-90. 2012..Finally, Esrrb deletion abolishes the defining ability of Nanog to confer LIF-independent ESC self-renewal. These findings are consistent with the functional placement of Esrrb downstream of Nanog...
- The region 3' to Xist mediates X chromosome counting and H3 Lys-4 dimethylation within the Xist geneCéline Morey
Génétique Moléculaire Murine, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
EMBO J 23:594-604. 2004..Our results raise the possibility that H3 Lys-4 dimethylation within Xist may be functionally implicated in the counting process...
- When X-inactivation meets pluripotency: an intimate rendezvousPablo Navarro
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, CNRS, URA2578, F 75015 Paris, France
FEBS Lett 583:1721-7. 2009....
- Spontaneous reactivation of clusters of X-linked genes is associated with the plasticity of X-inactivation in mouse trophoblast stem cellsAgnès Dubois
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15, France Epigenetics of Stem Cells, Institut Pasteur, Paris Cedex 15, France
Stem Cells 32:377-90. 2014..Our study suggests that this type of "metastable epigenetic" states may underlie the plasticity of TS cells and predispose specific genes to relaxed regulation in specific subtypes of placental cells...
- A role for non-coding Tsix transcription in partitioning chromatin domains within the mouse X-inactivation centrePablo Navarro
, URA 2578, Institut Pasteur 75724, Paris Cedex 15, France
Epigenetics Chromatin 2:8. 2009..CONCLUSION: These data point toward a role for transcription of non-coding RNAs as a developmental strategy for the establishment of functionally distinct domains within the mammalian genome...
- An embryonic story: analysis of the gene regulative network controlling Xist expression in mouse embryonic stem cellsPablo Navarro
Institut Pasteur, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, CNRS URA2578, Paris, France
Bioessays 32:581-8. 2010..In this paper we summarise recent advances in our knowledge of the regulation of Xist and Tsix in embryonic stem (ES) and differentiating ES cells...
- Promoter-restricted H3 Lys 4 di-methylation is an epigenetic mark for monoallelic expressionClaire Rougeulle
Unité de Génétique Moléculaire Murine, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 12:3343-8. 2003....