Peter A Lawrence
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Lawrence P, Sanson B, Vincent J. Compartments, wingless and engrailed: patterning the ventral epidermis of Drosophila embryos. Development. 1996;122:4095-103 pubmed..Supporting the hypothesis that Wingless acts as a morphogen, we find that these stripes affect, at a distance, the type of cuticle formed and the planar polarity of the cells. ..
- Lawrence P. The politics of publication. Nature. 2003;422:259-61 pubmed
- Lawrence P, Struhl G, Casal J. Planar cell polarity: one or two pathways?. Nat Rev Genet. 2007;8:555-63 pubmed..We argue that the prevailing opinion that planar polarity depends on a single genetic pathway is wrong and conclude that there are (at least) two independently acting processes. This conclusion has major consequences for the PCP field. ..
- Lawrence P, Casal J, Struhl G. hedgehog and engrailed: pattern formation and polarity in the Drosophila abdomen. Development. 1999;126:2431-9 pubmed..Finally, we find that when engrailed is removed from P cells (of, say, segment A5) they transform not into A cells of the same segment, but into A cells of the same parasegment (segment A6). ..
- Lawrence P, Casal J, Struhl G. The hedgehog morphogen and gradients of cell affinity in the abdomen of Drosophila. Development. 1999;126:2441-9 pubmed..Within the P compartment we found some evidence for a U-shaped gradient of affinity, but this cannot be due to Hedgehog which does not act in the P compartment. ..
- Lawrence P, Casal J, Struhl G. Cell interactions and planar polarity in the abdominal epidermis of Drosophila. Development. 2004;131:4651-64 pubmed..However, some results do not fit with this view--we suggest that these localisations may be more a consequence than a cause of planar polarity. ..