Debbie Anne Lawlor
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Lawlor D, Morgan K, Frankel S. Caring for the health of the public: cross sectional study of the activities of UK public health departments. Public Health. 2002;116:102-5 pubmed....
- Lawlor D, Day I, Gaunt T, Hinks L, Briggs P, Kiessling M, et al. The association of the PON1 Q192R polymorphism with coronary heart disease: findings from the British Women's Heart and Health cohort study and a meta-analysis. BMC Genet. 2004;5:17 pubmed..There is no robust evidence that the PON1 Q192R polymorphism is associated with CHD risk in Caucasian women or men. ..
- Lawlor D, Day I, Gaunt T, Hinks L, Timpson N, Ebrahim S, et al. The association of the paraoxonase (PON1) Q192R polymorphism with depression in older women: findings from the British Women's Heart and Health Study. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007;61:85-7 pubmed..The possible role of PON1 Q192R in psychiatric morbidity requires further examination. ..
- Lawlor D, Timpson N, Harbord R, Leary S, Ness A, McCarthy M, et al. Exploring the developmental overnutrition hypothesis using parental-offspring associations and FTO as an instrumental variable. PLoS Med. 2008;5:e33 pubmed publisher..Developmental overnutrition related to greater maternal BMI is unlikely to have driven the recent obesity epidemic. ..
- Lawlor D, Fraser A, Lindsay R, Ness A, Dabelea D, Catalano P, et al. Association of existing diabetes, gestational diabetes and glycosuria in pregnancy with macrosomia and offspring body mass index, waist and fat mass in later childhood: findings from a prospective pregnancy cohort. Diabetologia. 2010;53:89-97 pubmed publisher....
- Lawlor D, Fraser A, Macdonald Wallis C, Nelson S, Palmer T, Davey Smith G, et al. Maternal and offspring adiposity-related genetic variants and gestational weight gain. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;94:149-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that neither maternal nor fetal adiposity-related genetic variants are associated with greater GWG. The inverse association of maternal allele score with GWG in the first 18 wk requires replication. ..
- Xu L, Borges M, Hemani G, Lawlor D. The role of glycaemic and lipid risk factors in mediating the effect of BMI on coronary heart disease: a two-step, two-sample Mendelian randomisation study. Diabetologia. 2017;60:2210-2220 pubmed publisher..09 (95% CI 0.94, 1.27) with adjustment for both. Increased triacylglycerol levels and poor glycaemic control appear to mediate much of the effect of BMI on CHD. ..
- West J, Santorelli G, Whincup P, Smith L, Sattar N, Cameron N, et al. Association of maternal exposures with adiposity at age 4/5 years in white British and Pakistani children: findings from the Born in Bradford study. Diabetologia. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our aim was to compare associations of maternal gestational adiposity and glucose with adiposity at age 4/5 years in white British and Pakistani children...