- Beato M, Groot Kormelink P, Colquhoun D, Sivilotti L. The activation mechanism of alpha1 homomeric glycine receptors. J Neurosci. 2004;24:895-906 pubmed..Successive binding steps are not identical, implying that binding sites can interact while the channel is shut. These interactions can be interpreted in the light of the topology of the binding sites within a homopentamer. ..
- Beato M, Sivilotti L. Single-channel properties of glycine receptors of juvenile rat spinal motoneurones in vitro. J Physiol. 2007;580:497-506 pubmed..Our results suggest that glycine receptors on ventral horn neurones in the juvenile rat are heteromers and have fast gating, similar to that of recombinant alpha1beta receptors. ..
- Beato M. The time course of transmitter at glycinergic synapses onto motoneurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:7412-25 pubmed publisher..2-3.5 mM and is cleared from the cleft with a time constant of 0.6-0.9 ms. ..
- Beato M, Groot Kormelink P, Colquhoun D, Sivilotti L. Openings of the rat recombinant alpha 1 homomeric glycine receptor as a function of the number of agonist molecules bound. J Gen Physiol. 2002;119:443-66 pubmed....
- Beato M, Burzomato V, Sivilotti L. The kinetics of inhibition of rat recombinant heteromeric alpha1beta glycine receptors by the low-affinity antagonist SR-95531. J Physiol. 2007;580:171-9 pubmed..The fast unbinding rate of SR-95531 from the glycine receptor will make it useful for establishing the time course of glycine concentration at glycinergic synapses. ..