A S Wierzbicki
Affiliation: King's College London
- Wierzbicki A. Peroxisomal disorders affecting phytanic acid alpha-oxidation: a review. Biochem Soc Trans. 2007;35:881-6 pubmed....
- Wierzbicki A, Grant P. Drugs for hypercholesterolaemia - from statins to pro-protein convertase subtilisin kexin 9 (PCSK9) inhibition. Clin Med (Lond). 2016;16:353-7 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the actions of PCSK9, the novel therapeutics targeted on this molecule and how they are likely to be used in clinical practice until large scale CVD outcome studies with PCSK9 inhibitors are published. ..
- Wierzbicki A, Lloyd M, Schofield C, Feher M, Gibberd F. Refsum's disease: a peroxisomal disorder affecting phytanic acid alpha-oxidation. J Neurochem. 2002;80:727-35 pubmed....
- Wierzbicki A, Mayne P, Lloyd M, Burston D, Mei G, Sidey M, et al. Metabolism of phytanic acid and 3-methyl-adipic acid excretion in patients with adult Refsum disease. J Lipid Res. 2003;44:1481-8 pubmed..omega-Oxidation forms a functional reserve capacity that enables patients with ARD undergoing acute stress to cope with limited increases in plasma PA levels...
- Wierzbicki A. Fibrates: no ACCORD on their use in the treatment of dyslipidaemia. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2010;21:352-8 pubmed publisher..New data have emerged over the last few years about the role of fibrates in treatment of microvascular and macrovascular disease...
- Ramachandran R, Wierzbicki A. Statins, Muscle Disease and Mitochondria. J Clin Med. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..This paper details some of the different aetiological hypotheses put forward, focussing particularly on those related to mitochondrial dysfunction. ..