R A Hubner
Affiliation: Institute of Cancer Research
- Hubner R, Houlston R. Molecular advances in medullary thyroid cancer diagnostics. Clin Chim Acta. 2006;370:2-8 pubmed..Mutation analysis of RET in individuals with MEN2 has identified a number of different mutations, and correlation with cancer biology and clinical outcome has led to tailoring of management according to the mutation detected...
- Hubner R, Lubbe S, Chandler I, Houlston R. MTHFR C677T has differential influence on risk of MSI and MSS colorectal cancer. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:1072-7 pubmed..Stratification by MSI status should aid future studies investigating the complex relationships between genotype, environmental factors and CRC risk. ..
- Hubner R, Muir K, Liu J, Logan R, Grainge M, Houlston R. Polymorphisms in PTGS1, PTGS2 and IL-10 do not influence colorectal adenoma recurrence in the context of a randomized aspirin intervention trial. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2001-4 pubmed..These data indicate that these polymorphisms are unlikely to influence CRA recurrence and cannot be used to identify individuals who derive benefit from aspirin intervention. ..
- Hubner R, Liu J, Sellick G, Logan R, Houlston R, Muir K. Thymidylate synthase polymorphisms, folate and B-vitamin intake, and risk of colorectal adenoma. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:1449-56 pubmed....
- Hubner R, Muir K, Liu J, Logan R, Grainge M, Houlston R. Ornithine decarboxylase G316A genotype is prognostic for colorectal adenoma recurrence and predicts efficacy of aspirin chemoprevention. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:2303-9 pubmed publisher..This variant has the potential to be a clinically useful genetic marker to identify individuals likely to derive the greatest benefit from aspirin chemoprevention. ..
- Hubner R, Muir K, Liu J, Logan R, Grainge M, Houlston R. Dairy products, polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene and colorectal adenoma recurrence. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:586-93 pubmed publisher..02). These findings indicate dairy products, and in particular milk, have chemopreventive activity against CRA recurrence. ..