Hugo C van Woerden
Affiliation: Cardiff University
- Effectiveness of a smartphone app in increasing physical activity amongst male adults: a randomised controlled trialTim Harries
Kingston Business School, Kingston Hill Campus, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 7LB, United Kingdom
BMC Public Health 16:925. 2016....
- Differences in fungi present in induced sputum samples from asthma patients and non-atopic controls: a community based case control studyHugo Cornelis van Woerden
Institute of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Neuadd Meirionnydd, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4YS, UK
BMC Infect Dis 13:69. 2013..The aim of the study was to undertake semi-quantitative analysis of the differences in fungal species in pooled sputum samples from asthma patients and controls...
- Use of pre- and post-test probability of disease to interpret meningococcal PCR resultsH C Van Woerden
Department of Epidemiology Statistics and Public Health, University of Wales College of Medicine, CF14 4XN, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:658-60. 2004
- Q fever outbreak in industrial settingHugo C van Woerden
National Public Health Service for Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1282-9. 2004..The outbreak may have been caused by aerosolization of Coxiella burnetii spore-like forms during drilling into contaminated straw board...
- Induction of labour after a previous caesarean section: a retrospective study in a district general hospitalS D Pathadey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Alexandra Hospital, Redditch, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:662-5. 2005..This paper contributes to the literature on factors associated with vaginal delivery after induction of labour and previous caesarean section, which may inform the selection of cases, and consequent success rates for vaginal delivery...
- Using facsimile cascade to assist case searching during a Q fever outbreakH C Van Woerden
Department of Epidemiology, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Epidemiol Infect 135:798-801. 2007..Facsimile cascade assists effective communication with primary-care physicians in an outbreak investigation...
- Association between protozoa in sputum and asthma: a case-control studyHugo C van Woerden
Community Health Sciences, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Respir Med 105:877-84. 2011..and to assess: (1) are protozoa more common in asthmatics than in non-asthmatics; (2) is the presence of protozoa associated with the use of steroid inhalers; and (3) is the presence of protozoa associated with living in damp housing?..
- The effect of gender, age, and geographical location on the incidence and prevalence of renal replacement therapy in WalesHugo C van Woerden
Department of Epidemiology, Statistics and Public Health, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
BMC Nephrol 8:1. 2007..This study used a cross sectional survey to examine the effect of gender, age, and geographical location on the population prevalence of renal replacement therapy (RRT) provision in Wales...
- Healthy hearts--a community-based primary prevention programme to reduce coronary heart diseaseGill Richardson
1Caerphilly Teaching Local Health Board, Llanarth House, Unit 1 Newbridge Gateway, Bridge Street, Newbridge, Wales, UK
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 8:18. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess whether a community based intervention, for men and women aged between 45 and 64 years without pre-existing coronary heart disease, would reduce their Framingham scores when reassessed one year later...