Affiliation: Gulhane Military Medical Academy
- Kilic A, Guclu A, Senses Z, Bedir O, Aydogan H, Basustaoglu A. Staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) characterization and panton-valentine leukocidin gene occurrence for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Turkey, from 2003 to 2006. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2008;94:607-14 pubmed publisher....
- Kilic A, Dogan E, Kaya S, Oren S, Tok D, Ardic N, et al. Rapid Identification of Klebsiella pneumoniae by Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry and Detection of Meropenem Resistance by Flow Cytometric Assay. J Clin Lab Anal. 2016;30:1191-1197 pubmed publisher..4%, 98.9%, and 100%, respectively. We conclude that reliable results on bacterial identification and meropenem susceptibility test can be obtained within 2 hr combined by MALDI-TOF-MS and FCM. ..
- Kilic A, Li H, Mellmann A, Basustaoglu A, Kul M, Senses Z, et al. Acinetobacter septicus sp. nov. association with a nosocomial outbreak of bacteremia in a neonatal intensive care unit. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:902-8 pubmed..We propose the designation of Acinetobacter septicus sp. nov. for these isolates, with isolate AK001 as the type strain. ..
- Kilic A, Muldrew K, Tang Y, Basustaoglu A. Triplex real-time polymerase chain reaction assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci and determination of methicillin resistance directly from positive blood culture bottles. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;66:349-55 pubmed publisher..7%, respectively, for the tuf, nuc, and mecA gene targets. The triplex real-time PCR assay accurately detects and identifies staphylococci directly from positive blood cultures without nucleic acid extraction prior to amplification. ..
- Kilic A, Senses Z, Kurekci A, Aydogan H, Sener K, Kismet E, et al. Nosocomial outbreak of Sphingomonas paucimobilis bacteremia in a hemato/oncology unit. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:394-6 pubmed..We did not demonstrate genetic relatedness between clinical and environmental isolates by PFGE, but did find PFGE a useful identification technique for epidemiological investigation...
- Kilic A, Basustaoglu A. Double triplex real-time PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and determination of their methicillin resistance directly from positive blood. Res Microbiol. 2011;162:1060-6 pubmed publisher..aureus, S. epidermidis, S. hominis and S. haemolyticus and their methicillin resistance in a single reaction directly from positive blood culture bottles within 83 min...