Sebastian J C Neggers
Affiliation: Erasmus MC
Country: The Netherlands
- Unacylated ghrelin modulates circulating angiogenic cell number in insulin-resistant statesBehiye Özcan
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetol Metab Syndr 9:43. 2017..To determine dose-dependent effects of short-term infusion of UAG in T2D patients using a cross-over model, and of long-term infusion of UAG in obese mice, on differentiation of monocyte progenitors into CAC...
- Hypopituitarism after subarachnoid haemorrhage, do we know enough?Ladbon Khajeh
Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Neurol 14:205. 2014..We also assessed the effect of hypopituitarism on long-term functional recovery after SAH...
- Switching patients with acromegaly from octreotide to pasireotide improves biochemical control: crossover extension to a randomized, double-blind, Phase III studyMarcello D Bronstein
Neuroendocrine Unit, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Endocr Disord 16:16. 2016..This analysis explores the efficacy and safety of switching therapeutic arms in inadequately controlled patients during a 12-month crossover extension...
- Lanreotide Autogel 120 mg at extended dosing intervals in patients with acromegaly biochemically controlled with octreotide LAR: the LEAD studySebastian J C M M Neggers
Department of EndocrinologyErasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, NetherlandsDepartment of EndocrinologyI M Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow, Russian FederationDepartment of EndocrinologyPauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital, Riga, LatviaDivision of Endocrinology and MetabolismSamsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Republic of KoreaDepartment of Neuroendocrinology and Bone DiseasesNational Endocrinology Research Centre, Moscow, Russian FederationNeuroendocrine UnitDivision of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, BrazilEndocrine SectionHospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, BrazilIpsen Boulogne BillancourtFrance
Eur J Endocrinol 173:313-23. 2015..To evaluate extended dosing intervals (EDIs) with lanreotide Autogel 120 mg in patients with acromegaly previously biochemically controlled with octreotide LAR 10 or 20 mg...
- Medical approach to pituitary tumorsS J C M M Neggers
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 124:303-16. 2014..In acromegaly and TSH-secreting adenomas medical treatment has a more prominent role than in Cushing's disease. In this chapter the efficacy and side-effects of the different medical therapies is discussed according to adenoma type. ..
- What is active acromegaly and which parameters do we have?S J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Section Endocrinology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:609-14. 2012..Both GH and IGF1 have been associated with prognosis, in particular mortality. In this review, we discuss the available parameters to assess disease activity in acromegaly...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of combined treatment of somatostatin analogs and pegvisomant in acromegalySebastian J C M M Neggers
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University MC Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4598-601. 2007..We previously reported the efficacy of a combined treatment of active acromegaly with both long-acting somatostatin analogs (SSA) and pegvisomant (PEG-V)...
- Quality of life in acromegalic patients during long-term somatostatin analog treatment with and without pegvisomantS J C M M Neggers
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3853-9. 2008....
- Combined treatment for acromegaly with long-acting somatostatin analogs and pegvisomant: long-term safety for up to 4.5 years (median 2.2 years) of follow-up in 86 patientsS J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Erasmus University, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 160:529-33. 2009..We previously reported on the efficacy, safety, and quality of life (QoL) of long-acting somatostatin analogs (SSA) and (twice) weekly pegvisomant (PEG-V) in acromegaly and improvement after the addition of PEG-V to long-acting SSA...
- Somatostatin analog and pegvisomant combination therapy for acromegalySebastian J C Neggers
Department of Medicine, Endocrinology Section, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Endocrinol 5:546-52. 2009..In this Review, we discuss the available data on the long-term efficacy and safety of somatostatin analog-pegvisomant combination treatment and its potential use in patients with acromegaly...
- Conversion of daily pegvisomant to weekly pegvisomant combined with long-acting somatostatin analogs, in controlled acromegaly patientsSebastian J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pituitary 14:253-8. 2011..However, there seems to be a wide variation in the reduction of PEG-V dose, which can be obtained after conversion to combined treatment...
- Combination treatment with somatostatin analogues and pegvisomant in acromegalyS J C M M Neggers
Department of Medicine, Section Endocrinology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Growth Horm IGF Res 21:129-33. 2011..Transient elevations in the levels of transaminases are the main adverse effects of combination treatment, which occur in about 11-15% of patients...