Affiliation: Khon Kaen
- Wongwatcharanukul L, Promthet S, Bradshaw P, Jirapornkul C, Tungsrithong N. Factors affecting cervical cancer screening uptake by Hmong hilltribe women in Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:3753-6 pubmed....
- Saengsawang P, Promthet S, Bradshaw P. Reinfection by Opisthorchis Viverrini after Treatment with Praziquantel. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:857-62 pubmed..Further efforts are needed to discourage people from eating fish dishes likely to contain viable metacariae. ..
- Siewchaisakul P, Suwanrungruang K, Poomphakwaen K, Wiangnon S, Promthet S. Lack of Association between an XRCC1 Gene Polymorphism and Colorectal Cancer Survival in Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2055-60 pubmed..The genetic variant in the XRCC1 may not be associated with the survival of CRC patients in Thailand. Further studies are needed to verify our findings. ..
- Nanthanangkul S, Suwanrungruang K, Wiangnon S, Promthet S. Survival of Stomach Cancer Cases in Khon Kaen, Thailand 2000-2012. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:2125-9 pubmed..The observed and relative survival rates were close to each other. Our findings provide basic information beneficial to development of an effective treatment system and appropriately improved population-based cancer registration. ..
- Intajarurnsan S, Khuntikeo N, Chamadol N, Thinkhamrop B, Promthet S. Factors Associated with Periductal Fibrosis Diagnosed by Ultrasonography Screening among a High Risk Population for Cholangiocarcinoma in Northeast Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:4131-6 pubmed..However, the results of inverse associations require further investigation in order to confirm our findings. ..
- Juntanong N, Siewchaisakul P, Bradshaw P, Vatanasapt P, Chen S, Yen A, et al. Prevalence and Factors Associated with Oral Pre-Malignant Lesions in Northeast Thailand. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17:4175-9 pubmed..Campaigns to reduce such risk healthy behaviour are needed, but whether any actual decrease will prevent the eventual transformation of an OPL into an OCC remains an open question. ..
- Sriamporn S, Pisani P, Pipitgool V, Suwanrungruang K, Kamsa ard S, Parkin D. Prevalence of Opisthorchis viverrini infection and incidence of cholangiocarcinoma in Khon Kaen, Northeast Thailand. Trop Med Int Health. 2004;9:588-94 pubmed..The cancer registry is an appropriate tool for disease monitoring in small areas...
- Putthanachote N, Promthet S, Hurst C, Suwanrungruang K, Chopjitt P, Wiangnon S, et al. The XRCC 1 DNA repair gene modifies the environmental risk of stomach cancer: a hospital-based matched case-control study. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:680 pubmed publisher..The effect of the XRCC1 gene homozygosity, particularly Arg/Arg, on the risk for stomach cancer was elevated by a high intake of vegetable oils and salt. ..
- Heawchaiyaphum C, Pientong C, Phusingha P, Vatanasapt P, Promthet S, Daduang J, et al. Peroxiredoxin-2 and zinc-alpha-2-glycoprotein as potentially combined novel salivary biomarkers for early detection of oral squamous cell carcinoma using proteomic approaches. J Proteomics. 2018;173:52-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a useful of combined detection of PRDX-2 and ZAG as a salivary biomarker for the early detection of OSCC. ..