Affiliation: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Location: Pune, India
- Mishra P, Saha T, Talukdar P. Hydrogen sulfide mediated cascade reaction forming an iminocoumarin: applications in fluorescent probe development and live-cell imaging. Org Biomol Chem. 2015;13:7430-6 pubmed publisher..H2S sensing by the probe was characterized by a 31-fold fluorescence enhancement and alimit of detection of 169 nM. Application of the probe was demonstrated by imaging of H2S in live cells. ..
- Kand D, Saha T, Lahiri M, Talukdar P. Lysosome targeting fluorescence probe for imaging intracellular thiols. Org Biomol Chem. 2015;13:8163-8 pubmed publisher..The probe displayed fast response towards biothiols in aqueous solution. Localization of the probe in lysosome was demonstrated by intracellular colocalization studies with the aid of LysoSensor Green. ..
- Shinde S, Talukdar P. An anion receptor that facilitates transmembrane proton-anion symport by deprotonating its sulfonamide N-H proton. Chem Commun (Camb). 2018;54:10351-10354 pubmed publisher..The ion transport efficiency directly correlated to the pKa of the sulfonamide N-H protons. The mechanistic study indicated proton-anion symport across the lipid bilayer membrane. ..
- Roy A, Saha T, Gening M, Titov D, Gerbst A, Tsvetkov Y, et al. Trimodal Control of Ion-Transport Activity on Cyclo-oligo-(1â†’6)-Î²-D-glucosamine-Based Artificial Ion-Transport Systems. Chemistry. 2015;21:17445-52 pubmed publisher..All glycoconjugates displayed a uniform anion-selectivity sequence: Cl(-) >Br(-) >I(-) . From theoretical studies, hydrogen bonding between the macrocycle backbone and the anion bridged through water molecules was observed. ..
- Roy A, Gautam A, Malla J, Sarkar S, Mukherjee A, Talukdar P. Self-assembly of small-molecule fumaramides allows transmembrane chloride channel formation. Chem Commun (Camb). 2018;54:2024-2027 pubmed publisher..The geometry-optimized model of the channel and Cl- ion selectivity within the channel lumen was also illustrated. ..
- Roy A, Biswas O, Talukdar P. Bis(sulfonamide) transmembrane carriers allow pH-gated inversion of ion selectivity. Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:3122-3125 pubmed publisher..A liposomal membrane potential is also generated when potassium ions are passively transported by these carriers. ..
- Chauhan D, Varma S, Gudem M, Panigrahi N, Singh K, Hazra A, et al. Intramolecular cascade rearrangements of enynamine derived ketenimines: access to acyclic and cyclic amidines. Org Biomol Chem. 2017;15:4822-4830 pubmed publisher..Computational studies were carried out to validate the mechanism which indicates that the product distribution of the process depends on the substitutions on the enynamine backbone. ..