Affiliation: Taipei Medical University
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
- Fan Y, Chou C, You S, Sun C, Chen C, Bai C. Impact of Worsened Metabolic Syndrome on the Risk of Dementia: A Nationwide Cohort Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..752) or improved (P=0.829) MetS. Similar results were detected in participants aged ?65 years. Patients with worsened MetS had an increased dementia risk during the 10-year follow-up period in a population-based sample. ..
- Chan L, Hu C, Fan Y, Li F, Hu H, Hong C, et al. Incidence of poststroke seizures: A meta-analysis. J Clin Neurosci. 2018;47:347-351 pubmed publisher..The pooled incidence density of late-onset poststroke seizure was 1.12 per 100 person-years in 4 cohort studies. ..
- Alizargar J, Bai C. Factors associated with carotid Intima media thickness and carotid plaque score in community-dwelling and non-diabetic individuals. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2018;18:21 pubmed publisher..HBA1c at >?5.9% can determine early and late stage subclinical atherosclerosis in community dwelling individuals, but only late stage subclinical atherosclerosis in non-diabetic subjects. ..
- Fan Y, Hsu J, Tung H, Chou C, Bai C. Increased dementia risk predominantly in diabetes mellitus rather than in hypertension or hyperlipidemia: a population-based cohort study. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:7 pubmed publisher..DM itself (i.e., the systemic influence of hyperglycemia) might be the main driver of increased dementia risk. ..
- Sabrina N, Bai C, Chang C, Chien Y, Chen J, Chang J. Serum Iron:Ferritin Ratio Predicts Healthy Body Composition and Reduced Risk of Severe Fatty Liver in Young Adult Women. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the serum iron:ferritin ratio more accurately predicts body composition and reduced risk of severe fatty liver progression in young adult women compared to middle-aged women. ..