Affiliation: Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
1: Lee YI, Chang FC, Chung MC. Chromosome paring affinities in interspecific hybrids reflect phylogenetic distances among ladys slipper orchids (Paphiopedilum). Ann Bot. 2011 May 15. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: .
2: Chang KD, Fang SA, Chang FC, Chung MC. Chromosomal conservation and sequence diversity of ribosomal RNA genes of two distant Oryza species. Genomics. 2010 Sep;96(3):181-90. Epub 2010 May 24. PubMed PMID: .
3: Lee YI, Yeung EC, Lee N, Chung MC. Embryo development in the ladys slipper orchid, Paphiopedilum delenatii, with emphasis on the ultrastructure of the suspensor. Ann Bot. 2006 Dec;98(6):1311-9. Epub 2006 Oct 20. PubMed PMID:
; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2803589.
- Chromosomal conservation and sequence diversity of ribosomal RNA genes of two distant Oryza speciesKwei Duan Chang
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Genomics 96:181-90. 2010..brachyantha. Our results suggest different evolution processes of orthologous rDNA loci in the genus Oryza. Here we also demonstrate an efficient strategy to study locus-specific IGS before whole genome sequences data are available...
- Chromosome pairing affinities in interspecific hybrids reflect phylogenetic distances among lady's slipper orchids (Paphiopedilum)Yung I Lee
Botany Department, National Museum of Natural Science, Taichung, Taiwan
Ann Bot 108:113-21. 2011..The present work analyses the meiotic behaviour of interspecific hybrids by genomic in situ hybridization and cytologically evaluates the genomic relationships among parental species...
- A termite symbiotic mushroom maximizing sexual activity at growing tips of vegetative hyphaeHuei Mei Hsieh
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan
Bot Stud 58:39. 2017..Termitomyces cultures isolated directly from termite colonies are heterokaryotic, likely through mating between compatible homokaryons...
- Taxonomic placement of Paphiopedilum rungsuriyanum (Cypripedioideae; Orchidaceae) based on morphological, cytological and molecular analysesYung I Lee
Department of Biology, National Museum of Natural Science, No 1, Kuan Chien Rd, Taichung, 40453, Taiwan, ROC
Bot Stud 58:16. 2017..These morphological features distinguish P. rungsuriyanum from the other known sections/subgenera of Paphiopedilum, making it difficult to group with existing infrageneric units...
- Chromosomal polymorphism of ribosomal genes in the genus OryzaMei Chu Chung
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 116:745-53. 2008..We suggest that chromosomal inversion and the amplification and transposition of rDNA might occur during Oryza species evolution. The possible mechanisms of cyto-evolution in tetraploid Oryza species are discussed...
- A fine physical map of the rice chromosome 5Chia Hsiung Cheng
Institute of Botany, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Mol Genet Genomics 274:337-45. 2005..In addition, FISH results revealed uneven chromatin condensation around the centromeric region at the pachytene stage. This map is of use for positional cloning and further characterization of the rice functional genomics...
- An integrated map of Oryza sativa L. chromosome 5Fang I Kao
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, 115 Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 112:891-902. 2006..The prospective applications of such an integrated cytogenetic map are discussed...
- OSTF1: a HD-GL2 family homeobox gene is developmentally regulated during early embryogenesis in riceJun Yi Yang
Graduate Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Plant Cell Physiol 43:628-38. 2002..Expression was also detectable in the integument and throughout the endosperm. Although OSTF1 is not closely related to the remaining HD-GL2 members in sequences, this gene exhibits an analogous epidermis-preferential expression pattern...