Ramon C Hermida
Affiliation: University of Vigo
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Smolensky M, Fernandez J, Mojon A, Portaluppi F. Sleep-time blood pressure: Unique sensitive prognostic marker of vascular risk and therapeutic target for prevention. Sleep Med Rev. 2017;33:17-27 pubmed publisher..e., those diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, diabetes, and resistant hypertension. ..
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Khder Y, Calvo C. Ambulatory blood pressure-lowering effects of valsartan and enalapril after a missed dose in previously untreated patients with hypertension: a prospective, randomized, open-label, blinded end-point trial. Clin Ther. 2008;30:108-20 pubmed publisher..There was no significant change in the efficacy of valsartan in the 24 hours after a missed dose. At the doses tested, valsartan was more effective than enalapril, both during active treatment and after a missed dose. ..
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Mojon A, Fontao M, Fernandez J. Chronotherapy with valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide combination in essential hypertension: improved sleep-time blood pressure control with bedtime dosing. Chronobiol Int. 2011;28:601-10 pubmed publisher....
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Mojon A, Fernandez J. Blunted sleep-time relative blood pressure decline increases cardiovascular risk independent of blood pressure level--the "normotensive non-dipper" paradox. Chronobiol Int. 2013;30:87-98 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicate the need to redefine the concepts of normotension/hypertension, so far established on the unique basis of BP level, mainly if not exclusively measured at the clinic, independently of circadian BP pattern. ..
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Smolensky M, Mojon A, Fernandez J, Crespo J, et al. Chronotherapy improves blood pressure control and reduces vascular risk in CKD. Nat Rev Nephrol. 2013;9:358-68 pubmed publisher....
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Mojon A, Fernandez J. Sleep-Time Ambulatory BP Is an Independent Prognostic Marker of CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2802-2811 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, progressive treatment-induced decrease of asleep BP, a potential therapeutic target requiring ambulatory BP evaluation, might be a significant method for reducing CKD risk. ..
- Hermida R, Ayala D, Fernandez J, Mojon A, Crespo J, Ríos M, et al. Bedtime Blood Pressure Chronotherapy Significantly Improves Hypertension Management. Heart Fail Clin. 2017;13:759-773 pubmed publisher..Ingestion time, according to circadian rhythms, of hypertension medications of 6 different classes and their combinations significantly improves BP control, particularly sleep-time BP, and reduces adverse effects. ..