Angel José González-Ordóñez
Affiliation: Hospital Universitario
- [20210A mutation of the prothrombin and venous thromboembolism gene]A J González Ordóñez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Espana
Sangre (Barc) 44:13-8. 1999..We described the clinical features in our series of thrombotic carriers and moreover, we compared a routine clotting test versus DNA analysis in the diagnosis of this anomaly...
- [Blood groups and disease]Angel José González-Ordóñez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Asturias, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:382-8. 2005..However, the most important effect could be the plasma hypocoagulability observed among the O blood group population (with lower factor VIII levels) in association with a reduced prevalence of thromboembolic diseases...
- The O blood group protects against venous thromboembolism in individuals with the factor V Leiden but not the prothrombin (factor II G20210A) mutationA J González Ordóñez
Hematology Department, Hospital S Agustín, Aviles, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 10:303-7. 1999..30+/-0.51 U/ ml; P < 0.0001). We speculate that factor Va in individuals with the factor V Leiden mutation could interact with the high levels of factor VIII clotting activity as a necessary cofactor...
- [Lowering high levels of fasting total homocysteine with folic acid and vitamins B in patients with venous thromboembolism: relationship between response and the C677T methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHRF) genotype]A J González Ordóñez
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles
Med Clin (Barc) 114:7-12. 2000..We aim to evaluate the response of the hyperhomocysteinemia (HHcy) to a standard schedule of vitamin supplementation, according with the MTHFR genotype...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism associated with the insertion/deletion polymorphism in the angiotensin-converting enzyme geneA J González Ordóñez
Department of Haematology, Hospital St Agustin, Aviles, Spain
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:485-90. 2000..In conclusion, among (Spanish) Caucasians, this study does not support the hypothesis that the deletion allele (D) of the ACE gene could be a significant risk factor for VTE, being protective in men...
- Normal frequencies of the C677T genotypes on the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene among lymphoproliferative disorders but not in multiple myelomaA J González Ordóñez
Hematology Department Hospital S Agustin Avilés, Spain
Leuk Lymphoma 39:607-12. 2000..003). If these preliminary data are validated with prospective studies, the 677C allele of MTHFR gene could be confirmed as an effective multiple myeloma protective factor (specially for the IgG cases)...
- [Spinal cord infarction and recurrent venous thrombosis in association with estrogens and the 20210A allele of the prothrombin gene]A J González-Ordóñez
Servicios de Hematologia, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles
Neurologia 16:434-8. 2001..The patient had no a substantial recovery over a period of 20 months.Certainly, the prothrombin 20210A seems to be associated with unexplained ischemic myelopathy among the young women with estrogens...
- The concentrations of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and lipids are independently associated with venous thromboembolismAngel José González-Ordóñez
Department of Hematology, Hospital San Agustin, 33400, Aviles, Spain
Haematologica 88:1035-43. 2003..We analyzed the association between VTE (> 6 months after), sVCAM-1 and lipid concentrations...