Thomas J Scriba
Affiliation: University of Cape Town
Country: South Africa
- Scriba T, Tameris M, Mansoor N, Smit E, van der Merwe L, Mauff K, et al. Dose-finding study of the novel tuberculosis vaccine, MVA85A, in healthy BCG-vaccinated infants. J Infect Dis. 2011;203:1832-43 pubmed publisher..MVA85A was safe and induced robust, polyfunctional, durable CD4 and CD8 T-cell responses in infants. These data support efficacy evaluation of MVA85A to prevent tuberculosis in infancy. Clinical Trials Registration.?NCT00679159. ..
- Tanner R, Kakalacheva K, Miller E, Pathan A, Chalk R, Sander C, et al. Serum indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity is associated with reduced immunogenicity following vaccination with MVA85A. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:660 pubmed publisher..Trials are registered at ClinicalTrials.gov; UK cohort NCT00427830, UK LTBI cohort NCT00456183, South African cohort NCT00460590, South African LTBI cohort NCT00480558. ..
- Scriba T, Tameris M, Smit E, van der Merwe L, Hughes E, Kadira B, et al. A phase IIa trial of the new tuberculosis vaccine, MVA85A, in HIV- and/or Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected adults. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;185:769-78 pubmed publisher..MVA85A was safe and immunogenic in persons with HIV and/or M.tb infection. These results support further evaluation of safety and efficacy of this vaccine for prevention of TB in these target populations. ..
- Mearns H, Geldenhuys H, Kagina B, Musvosvi M, Little F, Ratangee F, et al. H1:IC31 vaccination is safe and induces long-lived TNF-?+IL-2+CD4 T cell responses in M. tuberculosis infected and uninfected adolescents: A randomized trial. Vaccine. 2017;35:132-141 pubmed publisher....
- Moguche A, Musvosvi M, Penn Nicholson A, Plumlee C, Mearns H, Geldenhuys H, et al. Antigen Availability Shapes T Cell Differentiation and Function during Tuberculosis. Cell Host Microbe. 2017;21:695-706.e5 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that different vaccination strategies will be required toÂ optimize protection mediated by TÂ cells recognizing antigens expressed at distinct stages of Mtb infection. ..