Anthony I Okoh
Affiliation: University of Fort Hare
Country: South Africa
- Igwaran A, Iweriebor B, Ofuzim Okoh S, Nwodo U, Obi L, Okoh A. Chemical constituents, antibacterial and antioxidant properties of the essential oil flower of Tagetes minuta grown in Cala community Eastern Cape, South Africa. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:351 pubmed publisher..uberis and 0.125 mg/mL for Vibrio spp. Findings from this study suggest that the EO of T. minuta flower may be a useful candidate in the search for lead constituents for the synthesis of new potent antibacterial and antioxidant agent. ..
- Bisi Johnson M, Obi C, Samuel B, Eloff J, Okoh A. Antibacterial activity of crude extracts of some South African medicinal plants against multidrug resistant etiological agents of diarrhoea. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:321 pubmed publisher..enterica serovar Typhimurium. The presence of bioactive compounds and the antibacterial activity of some of the selected herbs against multidrug resistant enteric agents corroborate assertions by traditional healers on their efficacies. ..
- Larayetan R, Okoh O, Sadimenko A, Okoh A. Terpene constituents of the aerial parts, phenolic content, antibacterial potential, free radical scavenging and antioxidant activity of Callistemon citrinus (Curtis) Skeels (Myrtaceae) from Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:292 pubmed publisher..Observations drawn from this experiment shows clearly that the leaves and flowers of Callistemon citrinus possess phenolic compounds and cyclic ether of several pharmacological behaviors. ..
- Aiyegoro O, Okoh A. Preliminary phytochemical screening and in vitro antioxidant activities of the aqueous extract of Helichrysum longifolium DC. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2010;10:21 pubmed publisher..24%) and Gallic (94.82%). Our findings provide evidence that the crude aqueous extract of H. longifolium is a potential source of natural antioxidants, and this justified its uses in folkloric medicines. ..
- Manyi Loh C, Mamphweli S, Meyer E, Makaka G, Simon M, Okoh A. An Overview of the Control of Bacterial Pathogens in Cattle Manure. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher....
- Nwodo U, Agunbiade M, Green E, Nwamadi M, Rumbold K, Okoh A. Characterization of an Exopolymeric Flocculant Produced by a Brachybacterium sp. Materials (Basel). 2013;6:1237-1254 pubmed publisher..Its high flocculation activity suggests its suitability for industrial applicability. ..
- Osunla C, Okoh A. Vibrio Pathogens: A Public Health Concern in Rural Water Resources in Sub-Saharan Africa. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher....
- Penduka D, Okoh O, Okoh A. In-vitro antagonistic characteristics of crude aqueous and methanolic extracts of Garcinia kola (Heckel) seeds against some Vibrio bacteria. Molecules. 2011;16:2754-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Garcinia kola seeds hold promise as a potential source of therapeutic compounds of relevance in Vibrio infections management...
- Olasehinde T, Olaniran A, Okoh A. Therapeutic Potentials of Microalgae in the Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Phytochemical compounds from microalgae are used as pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and food supplements, and may possess neuroprotective potentials that are relevant to the management and/or treatment of AD. ..
- Bhembe N, Jaja I, Nwodo U, Okoh A, Green E. Prevalence of tuberculous lymphadenitis in slaughtered cattle in Eastern Cape, South Africa. Int J Infect Dis. 2017;61:27-37 pubmed publisher..However, 3.1% had M. bovis and 96.9% had M. tuberculosis. The presence of live Mycobacterium strains in slaughtered cattle poses a health risk to beef consumers and abattoir workers. ..
- Adeniji A, Okoh O, Okoh A. Petroleum Hydrocarbon Profiles of Water and Sediment of Algoa Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Hence, there is need for adequate regulation and control of all activities contributing to the levels of petroleum hydrocarbon in the marine environment for the safety of human, aquatic and wild lives in the area. ..
- Okoh A, Sibanda T, Gusha S. Inadequately treated wastewater as a source of human enteric viruses in the environment. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2010;7:2620-37 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews the major genera of pathogenic human enteric viruses, their pathogenicity and epidemiology, as well as the role of wastewater effluents in their transmission. ..
- Okaiyeto K, Nwodo U, Mabinya L, Okoli A, Okoh A. Characterization of a Bioflocculant (MBF-UFH) Produced by Bacillus sp. AEMREG7. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:12986-3003 pubmed publisher..The bioflocculant retained high flocculating activity of 90% after heating at 100 °C for 1 h. MBF-UFH appears to have immense potential as an alternative to conventional chemical flocculants. ..
- Ntozonke N, Okaiyeto K, Okoli A, Olaniran A, Nwodo U, Okoh A. A Marine Bacterium, Bacillus sp. Isolated from the Sediment Samples of Algoa Bay in South Africa Produces a Polysaccharide-Bioflocculant. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..8%). The high flocculation activity shown indicates that the bioflocculant may contend favourably as an alternative to the conventionally used flocculants in water treatment. ..
- Yahaya A, Okoh O, Okoh A, Adeniji A. Occurrences of Organochlorine Pesticides along the Course of the Buffalo River in the Eastern Cape of South Africa and Its Health Implications. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Therefore, there is a need for the adequate regulation of agrochemical storage, use, and disposal in this province and other parts of South Africa. ..