- Wang F, Yu Z, Wang W, Li Y, Lu G, Qu C, et al. A novel caspase-associated recruitment domain (CARD) containing protein (CgCARDCP-1) involved in LPS recognition and NF-?B activation in oyster (Crassostrea gigas). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;79:120-129 pubmed publisher..29-fold, p?<?0.05) compared to that in the control group. These results collectively demonstrated that the CgCARDCP-1 might serve as a recognition molecule for LPS and a regulator of NF-?B activation in the immune response of oyster. ..
- Wang H, Xue Z, Liu Z, Wang W, Wang F, Wang Y, et al. A novel C-type lectin from the sea cucumber Apostichopus japonicus (AjCTL-2) with preferential binding of d-galactose. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;79:218-227 pubmed publisher..breve. These results collectively suggested that AjCTL-2 was a member of CTL superfamily (CTLs) with preferential binding of d-galactose and participated in the immune response of sea cucumber. ..
- Zhang R, Liu R, Wang W, Xin L, Wang L, Li C, et al. Identification and functional analysis of a novel IFN-like protein (CgIFNLP) in Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;44:547-54 pubmed publisher..The results collectively suggested that the IFN-like molecule existed in oyster and it tended to present conserved functions rather than conserved amino acid sequence in comparison with vertebrate IFNs. ..
- Wu Y, Yang C, Liu D, Lu M, Lu G, Sun J, et al. Inositol-requiring enzyme 1 involved in regulating hemocyte apoptosis upon heat stress in Patinopecten yessoensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;78:248-258 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggested that PyIRE1, as an ER stress sensor, was potentially involved in the response upon heat stress by regulating the expression of PyBax and apoptosis of hemocytes in P. yessoensis. ..
- Jia Z, Zhang T, Jiang S, Wang M, Cheng Q, Sun M, et al. An integrin from oyster Crassostrea gigas mediates the phagocytosis toward Vibrio splendidus through LPS binding activity. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:253-64 pubmed publisher..53 Ã— 10(-6) M. The results indicated that CgIntegrin served as a pattern recognition receptor with LPS binding activity, which could directly bind to V. splendidus and enhance the phagocytosis of oyster hemocytes. ..
- Liu C, Wang M, Jiang S, Wang L, Chen H, Liu Z, et al. A novel junctional adhesion molecule A (CgJAM-A-L) from oyster (Crassostrea gigas) functions as pattern recognition receptor and opsonin. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;55:211-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as the most primitive specie with homolog of JAMs, the information of CgJAM-A-L in oyster would provide useful clues for the evolutionary study of JAMs and immunoglobulins. ..
- Jia Z, Kavungal S, Jiang S, Zhao D, Sun M, Wang L, et al. The characterization of hematopoietic tissue in adult Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:12-22 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the stem cells in the hematopoietic tissue of Chinese mitten crab E.Â sinensis were regulated by transcriptional and humoral factors to generate hemocytes. ..
- Cheng Q, Wang H, Jiang S, Wang L, Xin L, Liu C, et al. A novel ubiquitin-protein ligase E3 functions as a modulator of immune response against lipopolysaccharide in Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;60:180-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that CgE3Rv1 was an Ub-protein ligase E3, which was involved in the immune response against LPS and the interaction with cell surface signal molecules of neuroendocrine-immune system in oysters. ..
- Jiang S, Jia Z, Xin L, Sun Y, Zhang R, Wang W, et al. The cytochemical and ultrastructural characteristics of phagocytes in the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;55:490-8 pubmed publisher..gigas, which would provide an important clue to investigate the mechanism of phagocytosis underlying the innate immune response. ..
- Jia Z, Wang M, Wang X, Wang L, Song L. The receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) functions in hematopoiesis through JNK activation in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:252-261 pubmed publisher..All the results suggested that EsRACK1 was involved in the innate immune response of the crab and participated in the production of new-born hemocytes through activation of JNK. ..
- Liu Z, Zhou Z, Wang L, Qiu L, Zhang H, Wang H, et al. CgA1AR-1 acts as an alpha-1 adrenergic receptor in oyster Crassostrea gigas mediating both cellular and humoral immune response. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;58:50-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that CgA1AR-1 acted as an ?-1 adrenergic receptor in cetacholaminergic neuroendocrine-immune network mediating both cellular and humoral immune response. ..
- Liu R, Chen H, Zhang R, Zhou Z, Hou Z, Gao D, et al. Comparative Transcriptome Analysis of Vibrio splendidus JZ6 Reveals the Mechanism of Its Pathogenicity at Low Temperatures. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2050-2061 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that low temperatures (10Â°C) could enhance adhesion, activate the quorum sensing systems, upregulate virulence factor synthesis and secretion, and, lastly, increase the pathogenicity of JZ6. ..
- Liu Z, Zhou Z, Wang L, Dong W, Qiu L, Song L. The cholinergic immune regulation mediated by a novel muscarinic acetylcholine receptor through TNF pathway in oyster Crassostrea gigas. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;65:139-148 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that CgmAChR-1 was the key molecule in cholinergic neuroendocrine-immune system contributing to the regulation of TNF expression and apoptosis process. ..
- Wang M, Wang L, Jia Z, Yi Q, Song L. The various components implied the diversified Toll-like receptor (TLR) signaling pathway in mollusk Chlamys farreri. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;74:205-212 pubmed publisher..These results indicated the presence of TLR signaling pathways in both MyD88-dependent and MyD88-independent forms in scallop, and implied the diversified TLR signaling pathway in mollusk C. farreri. ..
- Chen H, Wang H, Jiang S, Xu J, Wang L, Qiu L, et al. An oyster species-specific miRNA scaffold42648_5080 modulates haemocyte migration by targeting integrin pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:160-169 pubmed publisher..The present study, as far as we know, for the first time revealed the immunomodulation role of an oyster species-specific miRNA, which might provide new insights into miRNA-mediated adaptation mechanism of oysters. ..
- Jia Z, Wang L, Jiang S, Sun M, Wang M, Yi Q, et al. Functional characterization of hemocytes from Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis by flow cytometry. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;69:15-25 pubmed publisher..These results collectively suggested that P1 hemocytes were the main immunocompetent hemocytes in Chinese mitten crab and P2 hemocytes mainly participated in proPO activation system. ..
- Yang C, Gao Q, Liu C, Wang L, Zhou Z, Gong C, et al. The transcriptional response of the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas against acute heat stress. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;68:132-143 pubmed publisher..The information was useful to better understand the molecular mechanism of heat stress response and develop strategies for the improvement of oyster survival rate during summer high-temperature period. ..
- Siva V, Wang L, Qiu L, Zhou Z, Liu C, Yang J, et al. Polymorphism in a serine protease inhibitor gene and its association with the resistance of bay scallop (Argopecten irradians) to Listonella anguillarum challenge. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;59:1-8 pubmed publisher..01). The results suggested that the mutation at locus +536A/A significantly associated with disease resistance of bay scallop would shed light for selective breeding program. ..
- Liu R, Cheng Q, Wang X, Chen H, Wang W, Zhang H, et al. The B-cell translocation gene 1 (CgBTG1) identified in oyster Crassostrea gigas exhibit multiple functions in immune response. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;61:68-78 pubmed publisher..The results suggests that CgBTG1 is a multi-functional molecule involved in the immune response of C. gigas against pathogen infection, which provides more clues for intensive studies of BTG family proteins in invertebrates. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Jia Z, Qiu L, Wang L, Zhang A, et al. A Carbonic Anhydrase Serves as an Important Acid-Base Regulator in Pacific Oyster Crassostrea gigas Exposed to Elevated CO2: Implication for Physiological Responses of Mollusk to Ocean Acidification. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:22-35 pubmed publisher..Such cytoplasmic CA-based physiological regulation mechanism might explain other physiological responses of marine organisms to OA. ..
- Wang L, Zhang H, Wang L, Zhang D, Lv Z, Liu Z, et al. The RNA-seq analysis suggests a potential multi-component complement system in oyster Crassostrea gigas. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;76:209-219 pubmed publisher..These PRRs appear to serve as opsonins to promote phagocytosis of opsonized pathogens. The overall results suggested the existence of a potential multi-component complement system in C.Â gigas. ..
- Xue Z, Wang L, Liu Z, Wang W, Liu C, Song X, et al. The fragmentation mechanism and immune-protective effect of CfTEP in the scallop Chlamys farreri. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;76:220-228 pubmed publisher..All these results suggested that CfTEP protein existed as fragments similar to vertebrate C3, and played central roles in the immune response against pathogen in the innate immunity of scallops. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Jia Z, Song X, Wang L, Song L. A shell-formation related carbonic anhydrase in Crassostrea gigas modulates intracellular calcium against CO2 exposure: Implication for impacts of ocean acidification on mollusk calcification. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:216-228 pubmed publisher..The results indicated CgCA played essential roles in calcification and elevated CO2 accelerated the mutual modulation between calcium and CgCA, implying reduced calcification rate and dissolved shells under OA. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Xu Q, Xu J, Lv Z, Wang L, et al. Two novel LRR and Ig domain-containing proteins from oyster Crassostrea gigas function as pattern recognition receptors and induce expression of cytokines. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;70:308-318 pubmed publisher..All these results indicated that CgLRRIG-1 and CgLRRIG-2 could function as immune effectors or pro-inflammatory factors as well as PRRs in oyster. ..
- Yang C, Wang L, Jia Z, Yi Q, Xu Q, Wang W, et al. Two short peptidoglycan recognition proteins from Crassostrea gigas with similar structure exhibited different PAMP binding activity. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;70:9-18 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that CgPGRPS2 and CgPGRPS4 could function as pattern recognition receptors (PRR) in the innate immune response of oyster, and they exhibited a certain degree of functional differentiation in recognition of Man. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Jia Z, Wang H, Jiang S, Chen H, et al. Ocean acidification stimulates alkali signal pathway: A bicarbonate sensing soluble adenylyl cyclase from oyster Crassostrea gigas mediates physiological changes induced by CO2 exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;181:124-135 pubmed publisher..The changes of intracellular pH, ROS, and phagocytosis mediated by CgsAC might help us to further understand the effects of ocean acidification on marine calcifiers. ..
- Wang M, Wang L, Jia Z, Wang X, Yi Q, Zhao L, et al. The versatile functions of LRR-only proteins in mollusk Chlamys farreri. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:188-199 pubmed publisher..All these results indicated that LRR-only proteins are functionally differentiated and exhibit different immunomodulation activities on various downstream immune effectors. ..