Vladimir N Anisimov
- Anisimov V, Berstein L, Egormin P, Piskunova T, Popovich I, Zabezhinski M, et al. Metformin slows down aging and extends life span of female SHR mice. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2769-73 pubmed..Thus, antidiabetic biguanide metformin dramatically extends life span, even without cancer prevention in this model. ..
- Anisimov V, Serpov V, Finagentov A, Khavinson V. [A new stage of development of gerontology and geriatrics in Russia: problems of creation of a geriatric care system. Part 1. Relevance, regulatory infrastructure]. Adv Gerontol. 2017;30:158-166 pubmed
- Zharinov G, Anisimov V. [Life span, longevity and incidence of violence death in writers and poets]. Adv Gerontol. 2016;29:210-217 pubmed
- Vinogradova I, Anisimov V, Bukalev A, Ilyukha V, Khizhkin E, Lotosh T, et al. Circadian disruption induced by light-at-night accelerates aging and promotes tumorigenesis in young but not in old rats. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:82-92 pubmed..We conclude that circadian disruption induced by light-at-night started at the age of 1 month accelerates aging and promotes tumorigenesis in rats, however failed affect survival when started at the age of 14 months. ..
- Anisimov V. Metformin for aging and cancer prevention. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:760-74 pubmed..Thus, antidiabetic drugs postpone spontaneous carcinogenesis in mice and rats, as well as chemical and radiation carcinogenesis in mice, rats and hamsters. Furthermore metformin seems to decrease cancer risk in diabetic patients. ..
- Anisimov V, Piskunova T, Popovich I, Zabezhinski M, Tyndyk M, Egormin P, et al. Gender differences in metformin effect on aging, life span and spontaneous tumorigenesis in 129/Sv mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:945-58 pubmed..5 times the incidence of malignant neoplasms in female mice while somewhat stimulated formation of benign vascular tumors in the latter. ..
- Anisimov V, Berstein L, Popovich I, Zabezhinski M, Egormin P, Piskunova T, et al. If started early in life, metformin treatment increases life span and postpones tumors in female SHR mice. Aging (Albany NY). 2011;3:148-57 pubmed..Thus, in female SHR mice, metformin increased life span and postponed tumors when started at the young and middle but not at the old age. In contrast, metformin improves reproductive function when started at any age. ..
- Anisimov V, Zabezhinski M, Popovich I, Piskunova T, Semenchenko A, Tyndyk M, et al. Rapamycin increases lifespan and inhibits spontaneous tumorigenesis in inbred female mice. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:4230-6 pubmed publisher..Thus we demonstrated for the first time in normal inbred mice that lifespan can be extended by rapamycin. This opens an avenue to develop optimal doses and schedules of rapamycin as an anti-aging modality. ..
- Anisimov V, Zabezhinski M, Popovich I, Piskunova T, Semenchenko A, Tyndyk M, et al. Rapamycin extends maximal lifespan in cancer-prone mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2092-7 pubmed publisher..Rapamycin dramatically delayed tumor onset as well as decreased the number of tumors per animal and tumor size. We suggest that, by slowing down organismal aging, rapamycin delays cancer. ..
- Anisimov V, Egormin P, Piskunova T, Popovich I, Tyndyk M, Yurova M, et al. Metformin extends life span of HER-2/neu transgenic mice and in combination with melatonin inhibits growth of transplantable tumors in vivo. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:188-97 pubmed..001). The combined treatment with metformin + melatonin significantly suppressed Ehrlich tumor growth (by 40%, p < 0.001). These results suggest that metformin may be useful in prevention and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Anisimov V, Ukraintseva S, Anikin I, Popovich I, Zabezhinski M, Bertsein L, et al. Effects of phentermine and phenformin on biomarkers of aging in rats. Gerontology. 2005;51:19-28 pubmed..Drugs which reduce appetite (anorexiants) represent one class of candidate treatments. Agents that reduce the glucose utilization by the organism could also represent another class of candidate CR mimetics...
- Anisimov V. Effects of exogenous melatonin--a review. Toxicol Pathol. 2003;31:589-603 pubmed..Further studies and clinical trials are needed to verify that melatonin is both safe and has geroprotector efficacy for humans...
- Anisimov V. [Editor-in-chief thoughts on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the journal «Advances in Gerontology»]. Adv Gerontol. 2017;30:479-485 pubmed
- Anisimov V, Serpov V, Finagentov A, Khavinson V. [A new stage of development of gerontology and geriatrics in Russia: Problems o creation of a geriatric care system. Part 2. The structure of the system, scientific approach]. Adv Gerontol. 2017;30:486-497 pubmed