Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical University
- Gaczkowska A, Abdalla E, Dowidar K, Elhady G, Jagodzinski P, Mostowska A. De novo EDA mutations: Variable expression in two Egyptian families. Arch Oral Biol. 2016;68:21-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results can support the hypothesis that X-linked HED and EDA-related NTA are the same disease with different degrees of severity. ..
- Abdalla E, Mostowska A, Jagodziński P, Dwidar K, Ismail S. A novel WNT10A mutation causes non-syndromic hypodontia in an Egyptian family. Arch Oral Biol. 2014;59:722-8 pubmed publisher..The novel c.-14_7delinsC mutation might be the etiological variant of the WNT10A gene responsible for the permanent tooth agenesis in the Egyptian family. WNT10A is a major candidate gene for non-syndromic hypodontia. ..
- Mostowska A, Biedziak B, Trzeciak W. A novel c.581C>T transition localized in a highly conserved homeobox sequence of MSX1: is it responsible for oligodontia?. J Appl Genet. 2006;47:159-64 pubmed..It may also support the view that this common anomaly of human dentition might be an oligogenic trait caused by simultaneous mutations of different genes. ..
- Mostowska A, Biedziak B, Jagodzinski P. Novel MSX1 mutation in a family with autosomal-dominant hypodontia of second premolars and third molars. Arch Oral Biol. 2012;57:790-5 pubmed publisher..The novel c.T671C mutation might be the etiological variant of the MSX1 gene responsible for the lack of permanent teeth in the tested family. ..
- Mostowska A, Biedziak B, Trzeciak W. A novel mutation in PAX9 causes familial form of molar oligodontia. Eur J Hum Genet. 2006;14:173-9 pubmed..Our results support the view that mutations in PAX9 constitute a causative factor in nonsyndromic oligodontia. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Wojcicki P, Lasota A, Dunin Wilczynska I, Jagodziński P. Association of DVL2 and AXIN2 gene polymorphisms with cleft lip with or without cleft palate in a Polish population. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2012;94:943-50 pubmed publisher..The DVL2 and AXIN2 genes might be candidate genes for this craniofacial anomaly in the Polish population. Birth Defects Research (Part A), 2012. ..
- Mostowska A, Biedziak B, Jagodzinski P. Axis inhibition protein 2 (AXIN2) polymorphisms may be a risk factor for selective tooth agenesis. J Hum Genet. 2006;51:262-6 pubmed..This alternation may negatively affect the splicing process and cellular concentration of AXIN2 protein. Our findings suggest that AXIN2 polymorphic variants may be associated with both hypodontia and oligodontia. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Jagodzinski P. Maternal MTR genotype contributes to the risk of non-syndromic cleft lip and palate in the Polish population. Clin Genet. 2006;69:512-7 pubmed..Our observations are consistent with a significant role of the methyl cycle in the development of craniofacial structures in humans. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Wojcicki P, Dziegelewska M, Jagodzinski P. Associations of folate and choline metabolism gene polymorphisms with orofacial clefts. J Med Genet. 2010;47:809-15 pubmed publisher..Polymorphic variants of BHMT and PCYT1A and interactions between genes of choline and folate metabolism might influence the risk of NCL/P in the Polish population. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Wojcicki P, Biedziak B, Paradowska P, Jagodzinski P. Association between genetic variants of reported candidate genes or regions and risk of cleft lip with or without cleft palate in the polish population. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2010;88:538-45 pubmed publisher..580; 95% CI, 1.056-2.363; p = 0.025). Our findings confirmed that genetic variants of IRF6 and the polymorphism located in the 8q24 gene desert are strongly involved in the etiology of facial clefts in the Polish population sample. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Biedziak B, Misiak J, Jagodzinski P. Polymorphisms located in the region containing BHMT and BHMT2 genes as maternal protective factors for orofacial clefts. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:325-32 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study identified a novel gene, the nucleotide variants of which were be associated with a decreased risk of having a baby with NCL/P. ..
- Mostowska A, Biedziak B, Dunin Wilczynska I, Komorowska A, Jagodzinski P. Polymorphisms in CHDH gene and the risk of tooth agenesis. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2011;91:169-76 pubmed publisher..004). Our study identified CHDH and PLD2 as novel candidate genes, the nucleotide variants of which could be associated with the risk of tooth agenesis. ..
- Mostowska A, Hozyasz K, Biedziak B, Wojcicki P, Lianeri M, Jagodzinski P. Genotype and haplotype analysis of WNT genes in non-syndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Eur J Oral Sci. 2012;120:1-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study confirmed the involvement of polymorphisms in the WNT3 gene in NCL/P aetiology in the tested population...
- Grzegorzewska A, Świderska M, Mostowska A, Warchoł W, Jagodziński P. Antibodies to HBV surface antigen in relation to interferon-?3 in hemodialysis patients. Vaccine. 2016;34:4866-4874 pubmed publisher..103, 9-208, P=0.049). In HD patients, circulating IFN-?3 strongly correlates with anti-HBs production after HBV vaccination and infection. IFNL3 rs8099917 polymorphisms seem to be associated with IFN-?3 plasma levels in HD subjects. ..