Affiliation: Medical University
- DziÄ™giel B, Adaszek Å, Carbonero A, Åyp P, Winiarczyk M, DÄ™biak P, et al. Detection of canine vector-borne diseases in eastern Poland by ELISA and PCR. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:1039-44 pubmed publisher..burgdorferi and A. phagocytophilum infection. In addition, breed (pure) was a risk factor for B. burgdorferi infection, and sex (female) was a risk factor for E. canis. ..
- Winiarczyk D, Adaszek Ł, Bartnicki M, Abramowicz B, Łyp P, Madany J, et al. Utility of urinary markers in the assessment of renal dysfunction in canine babesiosis. Tierarztl Prax Ausg K Kleintiere Heimtiere. 2017;45:84-88 pubmed publisher..However, in order to fully determine the extent and the nature of the damage to the kidneys of the infected dogs, it is advisable to conduct additional histopathological examinations of these organs. ..
- Adaszek Ł, Winiarczyk S. [Dogs babesiosis--still actually problem]. Wiad Parazytol. 2008;54:109-15 pubmed..It is possible that the genetically differences which are detected in subspecies may have an influence on the severity of disease and the effectiveness of therapy...
- Adaszek Ł, Winiarczyk S, Skrzypczak M. The clinical course of babesiosis in 76 dogs infected with protozoan parasites Babesia canis canis. Pol J Vet Sci. 2009;12:81-7 pubmed..02), accelerated pulse rate (p = 0.01) and discoloration of urine (p = 0.04). As a result of the treatment of dogs with imidocarb, recovery was observed in 73 out of the 76 dogs brought to the clinic...
- Adaszek Ł, Winiarczyk S. In vitro cultivation of Babesia canis canis parasites isolated from dogs in Poland. Parasitol Res. 2011;108:1303-7 pubmed publisher..These data show that an efficient in vitro cultivation of B. canis could serve as a starting point to obtain a protozoan antigen used for immunisation of the dogs against piroplasmosis...
- Adaszek Ł, Górna M, Krzysiak M, Adaszek M, Garbal M, Winiarczyk S. Identification of the piroplasms isolated from horses with clinical piroplasmosis in Poland. Wiad Parazytol. 2011;57:21-6 pubmed..6-97.5% similarity with the sequence of the fragment of 18S RNA Babesia equi, gene number DQ287951 in the GenBank. The treatment utilizing the subcutaneous application of the imidocarb resulted in gradual recovery of the diseased animals...
- Adaszek Ł, Górna M, Winiarczyk S. Electrolyte level and blood pH in dogs infected by various 18S RNA strains of Babaesia canis canis on the early stage of babesiosis. Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr. 2012;125:45-51 pubmed..2009). Further studies in this respect, conducted on a larger group of animals, are necessary...
- Adaszek L, Klimiuk P, Skrzypczak M, Górna M, Zietek J, Winiarczyk S. The identification of Anaplasma spp. isolated from fallow deer (Dama dama) on a free-range farm in eastern Poland. Pol J Vet Sci. 2012;15:393-4 pubmed..phagocytophilum, isolated in our earlier study from a horse with clinical form of anaplasmosis. Here, we report the first molecular evidence of Anaplasma spp. among naturally infected fallow deer in eastern Poland. ..
- Adaszek Ł, Jankowska M, Kalinowski M, Banach T, Wułupek D, Winiarczyk S. The loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid diagnosis of Babesia canis canis infections in dogs. Pol J Vet Sci. 2013;16:131-3 pubmed..1 pg dilution. Obtained results suggest that this method has high specificity and sensitivity and can be applied in analytical laboratories in diagnosis of canine babesiosis. ..