Affiliation: University of Oslo
- Ethnopharmacological survey of different uses of seven medicinal plants from Mali, (West Africa) in the regions Doila, Kolokani and SibyAdiaratou Togola
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Oslo, PO Box 1068, Blindern, 0316, Norway
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 1:7. 2005..The results of this study showed that people are still dependent on medicinal plants in these rural areas of Mali...
- Ethnopharmacological uses of Erythrina senegalensis: a comparison of three areas in Mali, and a link between traditional knowledge and modern biological scienceAdiaratou Togola
Section of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Oslo PO Box 1068 Blindern, 0316, Norway
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 4:6. 2008..The comparison also showed that pharmacologists have not fully investigated all the possible bioactivities that healers ascribe to this plant...
- Anti-ulcer polysaccharides from Cola cordifolia bark and leavesIngvild Austarheim
School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Ethnopharmacol 143:221-7. 2012..Aqueous extracts of bark and leaves of C. cordifolia are traditionally used in Mali (West Africa) in the treatment of wounds and gastric ailments like abdominal pain, gastritis and gastric ulcers...
- Terminalia macroptera, its current medicinal use and future perspectivesAnh Thu Pham
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Section Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Oslo, PO Box 1068 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Ethnopharmacol 137:1486-91. 2011..Major areas of use comprise treatment of wounds and sores, infections, pain, cough, tuberculosis and hepatitis. Some of the medicinal uses of T. macroptera appear to be rationally explained by its chemical constituents...
- Polysaccharides with complement fixing and macrophage stimulation activity from Opilia celtidifolia, isolation and partial characterisationAdiaratou Togola
Section of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Ethnopharmacol 115:423-31. 2008..The present study is aimed to determine the bioactivity and structure of polysaccharides present in the leaves from the Malian medicinal plant Opilia celtidifolia [Guill. & Perr. Endl. ex Walp (Opiliaceae)]...
- Chromatographic immunoassays for Helicobacter pylori detection--are they reliable in Mali, West Africa?Ingvild Austarheim
School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, P O Box 1068 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway
Pan Afr Med J 14:72. 2013..Gastrointestinal diseases are major reasons for morbidity in Mali. As Helicobacter pylori is known to play a major role in gastritis and gastric ulcer we wanted to find a simple method for detection...
- 15-Lipoxygenase inhibitory effects of prenylated flavonoids from Erythrina senegalensisAdiaratou Togola
Section of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Planta Med 75:1168-70. 2009..The structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR and MS. The pterocarpans were found to be strong inhibitors of 15-lipoxygenase...