- A literature review and case report of hand, foot and mouth disease in an immunocompetent adult
School of Dentistry, University of Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
BMC Res Notes 9:165. 2016
- Oral manifestations of Diabetes Mellitus. A systematic review
University Campus of Bellvitge, Pabellón de Gobierno, 2 planta, Dept of Dentistry, O8907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 22:e586-e594. 2017
..The aim of this systematic review was to investigate the different oral manifestations associated with Diabetes Mellitus...
- TETIS study: evaluation of new topical hemostatic agent TT-173 in tooth extraction
Department of Odontostomatology, School of Dentistry Hospital Odontológico Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona University, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Oral Investig 20:1055-63. 2016
..In the present work, the procoagulant activity of TT-173 has been evaluated for the first time in humans...
- Correlation between periodontal disease management and metabolic control of type 2 diabetes mellitus. A systematic literature review
F L Pérez-Losada
Department of Odontostomatology, School of Dentistry, Pabellón de Gobierno, Bellvitge University Campus, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 21:e440-6. 2016
..Current scientific evidence suggests that treatment of periodontal disease might contribute to glycemic control. The objective of the study is a review of the last three years...
- Inflammatory papillary hyperplasia: A systematic review
University Campus of Bellvitge, Pabellón de Gobierno, 2nd Floor, office 2 29, Feixa Llarga, s n 08907, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Espana
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 22:e36-e42. 2017
..Inflammatory papillary hyperplasia (IPH) is a benign lesion of the palatal mucosa. It is usually found in denture-wearers but also has been reported in patients without a history of use of a maxillary prosthesis use...
- Burning Mouth Syndrome: update
Juliana Cassol Spanemberg
Bellvitge University Campus, Department of Odontoestomatology School of Dentistry, Pabellón de Gobierno, C Feixa LLarga s n 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat Barcelona, Spain, Tel 34 606457362 e mail
Oral Health Dent Manag 13:418-24. 2014
- [Prognosis and treatment of dry mouth. Systematic review]
Departamento de Odontoestomatología, Facultad de Odontologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Med Clin (Barc) 142:119-24. 2014
..It can be concluded that treatment must be individualized, salivary substitutes and mechanical stimulation techniques can be applied...
- Evaluation of the response to treatment and clinical evolution in patients with burning mouth syndrome
Eugenia Rodríguez-de Rivera-Campillo
Dermaotologyst Sagrat Cor Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 18:e403-10. 2013
..the aim of this study is to investigate the clinical evolution, the spontaneous remission of the symptomatology and the response to different treatments in a group of burning mouth syndrome patients...
- Orofacial pain of cardiac origin: review literature and clinical cases
Departament of Stomatology School of Dentistry, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e538-44. 2012
..However, the patient may present pain in this region even though the source is located elsewhere in the body. One possible source of heterotopic pain is of cardiac origin...
- Computer-aided system for morphometric mandibular index computation. (Using dental panoramic radiographs)
School of Dentistry, Department of Odonto Stomatology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e624-32. 2012
..We propose and validate a computer-aided system to measure three different mandibular indexes: cortical width, panoramic mandibular index and, mandibular alveolar bone resorption index...
- Orofacial pain of cardiac origin, serial of clinical cases
Oral Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e633-7. 2012
..To determine the clinical characteristics of the orofacial pain of cardiac origin in patients visited when doing a treadmill exercise test, at the cardiology service of the Can Ruti Hospital in Badalona (Barcelona, Spain)...
- A pioneering epidemiological study investigating the incidence of squamous cell carcinoma of tongue in a Portuguese population
Rui Pionheiro Albuquerque
Master of Oral Medicine, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e550-4. 2012
- Diagonal ear lobe crease and atherosclerosis: a review of the medical literature and dental implications
Arthur H Friedlander
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Hospital Dental Service, UCLA Medical Center, School of Dentistry, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e153-9. 2012
..DELC is readily visible during head and neck cancer screening examinations. In conjunction with the patient's medical history, vital signs, and panoramic radiograph, the DELC may assist in atherosclerotic risk...
- Early diagnosis of osteoporosis by means of orthopantomograms and oral x-rays: a systematic review
Bellvitge University Campus, Department of Odontostomatology, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e905-13. 2011
- Relationship between oral cancer and implants: clinical cases and systematic literature review
School of Dentistry, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e23-8. 2012
..Chronic inflammation is a risk factor for developing oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...