Affiliation: Chungnam National University
- Lee J, Hwang I, Kim J, Kim M, Hwang J, Kim Y, et al. Quinoxaline-, dopamine-, and amino acid-derived metabolites from the edible insect Protaetia brevitarsis seulensis. Arch Pharm Res. 2017;40:1064-1070 pubmed publisher..The structures of all the isolated compounds were established mainly by analysis of HRESIMS, NMR, and electronic circular dichroism data. Compound 5 exhibited inhibition of tyrosinase with IC50 value of 44.8 µM. ..
- Lee W, Lee H, Kim M, Choi J, Kim K, Hwang J, et al. Evaluation of novel factor Xa inhibitors from Oxya chinensis sinuosa with anti-platelet aggregation activity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7934 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that compounds 1-4 could serve as candidates and provide scaffolds for development of new antithrombotic drugs. ..
- Lee W, Kim M, Park I, Hwang J, Na M, Bae J. Novel direct factor Xa inhibitory compounds from Tenebrio molitor with anti-platelet aggregation activity. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:19-27 pubmed publisher..Therefore, 1-2 could serve as candidates and provide scaffolds for the development of new anti-FXa and anti-platelet drugs. ..
- Kang H, Ku S, Kim J, Chung J, Kim S, Zhou W, et al. Anti-vascular inflammatory effects of pentacyclic triterpenoids from Astilbe rivularis in vitro and in vivo. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;261:127-138 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these compounds can be considered as a potential therapy for vascular inflammatory diseases. ..
- Tuan N, Oh J, Park H, Ferreira D, Choe S, Lee J, et al. A grayanotox-9(11)-ene derivative from Rhododendron brachycarpum and its structural assignment via a protocol combining NMR and DP4 plus application. Phytochemistry. 2017;133:45-50 pubmed publisher..This work exemplifies how NMR analysis, combined with quantum mechanics calculations, is a viable approach to accomplish structural assignment of minor abundance molecules in lieu of X-ray crystallography or chiroptical approaches. ..
- Oh J, Liu H, Park H, Ferreira D, Jeong G, Hamann M, et al. In silico investigation of lavandulyl flavonoids for the development of potent fatty acid synthase-inhibitory prototypes. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:3180-3188 pubmed publisher..In silico technologies with available FAS crystal structures may be of significant use in optimizing preliminary leads. ..
- Bajpai V, Park Y, Na M, Kang S. Î±-Glucosidase and tyrosinase inhibitory effects of an abietane type diterpenoid taxoquinone from Metasequoia glyptostroboides. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2015;15:84 pubmed publisher..glyptostroboides with a possibility for using it as a novel candidate in food and medicine industry as a natural alternative medicine to prevent diabetes mellitus type-2 related disorders and as a depigmentation agent. ..
- Nguyen T, Thuong P, Hwang I, Hoang T, Nguyen M, Nguyen H, et al. Anti-Hyperuricemic, Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic Effects of Siegesbeckia orientalis L. Resulting from the Fraction with High Phenolic Content. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:191 pubmed publisher..orientalis is related to XO inhibitory effect of the phenolic components. Our findings support the use of this plant as the treatment of gout and other inflammatory diseases. ..