Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Ohshima T, Hirasawa M, Tabata H, Mutoh T, Adachi T, Suzuki H, et al. Cdk5 is required for multipolar-to-bipolar transition during radial neuronal migration and proper dendrite development of pyramidal neurons in the cerebral cortex. Development. 2007;134:2273-82 pubmed..In addition, proper radial neuronal migration generates an inside-out pattern of cerebral cortex formation and normal axonal trajectories of cortical pyramidal neurons. ..
- Ohshima T, Ogawa M, Veeranna -, Hirasawa M, Longenecker G, Ishiguro K, et al. Synergistic contributions of cyclin-dependant kinase 5/p35 and Reelin/Dab1 to the positioning of cortical neurons in the developing mouse brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2764-9 pubmed..These additional defects in neuronal migration in mice lacking both Cdk5/p35 and Reelin/Dab1 indicate that Cdk5/p35 may contribute synergistically to the positioning of the cortical neurons in the developing mouse brain. ..
- Ohshima T, Ogawa M, Takeuchi K, Takahashi S, Kulkarni A, Mikoshiba K. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5/p35 contributes synergistically with Reelin/Dab1 to the positioning of facial branchiomotor and inferior olive neurons in the developing mouse hindbrain. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4036-44 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdk5/p35 and Reelin signaling regulates the selective mode of neuronal migration in the developing mouse hindbrain. ..
- Ohshima T, Ogura H, Tomizawa K, Hayashi K, Suzuki H, Saito T, et al. Impairment of hippocampal long-term depression and defective spatial learning and memory in p35 mice. J Neurochem. 2005;94:917-25 pubmed..These results demonstrate that p35-dependent Cdk5 activity is important to learning and synaptic plasticity. Deletion of p35 may shift the substrate specificity of Cdk5 due to compensatory expression of p39. ..
- Ohshima T, Suzuki H, Morimura T, Ogawa M, Mikoshiba K. Modulation of Reelin signaling by Cyclin-dependent kinase 5. Brain Res. 2007;1140:84-95 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdk5 modulates Reelin signaling through the Ser/Thr phosphorylation of Dab1 differently in an isoform-specific manner. ..