Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Kyoto University
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Onoyama I, Nakayama K, Shinohara T. Skp1-Cullin-F-box (SCF)-type ubiquitin ligase FBXW7 negatively regulates spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:8826-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FBXW7 regulates SSC self-renewal in a negative manner by degradation of MYC. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Naoki H, Shinohara T. Nonrandom Germline Transmission of Mouse Spermatogonial Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2016;38:248-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, spermatogenesis is a regulated process whereby specific SSC clones are repeatedly recruited for fertilization with long-term cycles. ..
- Shinohara T, Kazuki K, Ogonuki N, Morimoto H, Matoba S, Hiramatsu K, et al. Transfer of a Mouse Artificial Chromosome into Spermatogonial Stem Cells Generates Transchromosomic Mice. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;9:1180-1191 pubmed publisher..Successful transfer of MACs to GSCs overcomes the problems associated with ESC-mediated germline transmission and provides new possibilities in germline modification. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Inoue K, Miki H, Ogonuki N, Takehashi M, Morimoto T, et al. Clonal origin of germ cell colonies after spermatogonial transplantation in mice. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:68-74 pubmed..These results provide evidence that germ cell colonies develop from single spermatogonial stem cells. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Lee J, Inoue K, Ogonuki N, Miki H, Toyokuni S, et al. Pluripotency of a single spermatogonial stem cell in mice. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:681-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study provides evidence that a single spermatogonial stem cell can acquire pluripotentiality but that conversion into a pluripotent cell type is accompanied by loss of spermatogenic potential. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Takehashi M, Takashima S, Lee J, Morimoto H, Chuma S, et al. Homing of mouse spermatogonial stem cells to germline niche depends on beta1-integrin. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:533-42 pubmed publisher..These results identify beta1-integrin as an essential adhesion receptor for SSC homing and its association with laminin is critical in multiple steps of SSC homing. ..
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Takashima S, Shinohara T. Transmission distortion by loss of p21 or p27 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors following competitive spermatogonial transplantation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6210-5 pubmed publisher....
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Kato Itoh M, Ikawa M, Takehashi M, Sanbo M, Morioka Y, et al. Homologous recombination in rat germline stem cells. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:208-17 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, our results demonstrate the feasibility of gene targeting in rat GS cells and pave the way toward the generation of KO rats...
- Kanatsu Shinohara M, Inoue K, Takashima S, Takehashi M, Ogonuki N, Morimoto H, et al. Reconstitution of mouse spermatogonial stem cell niches in culture. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:567-78 pubmed publisher..Moreover, GDNF upregulated CXCL12 receptor expression, and CXCL12 transfection in Sertoli cells increased homing efficiency. Overall, our findings identify GDNF and CXCL12 as SSC chemotactic factors in vitro and in vivo...