- Kageyama R, Niwa Y, Isomura A, Gonzalez A, Harima Y. Oscillatory gene expression and somitogenesis. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2012;1:629-41 pubmed publisher..It is likely that these oscillator networks constitute the core of the segmentation clock, but it remains to be determined whether as yet unknown oscillators function behind the scenes. ..
- Imayoshi I, Kageyama R. bHLH factors in self-renewal, multipotency, and fate choice of neural progenitor cells. Neuron. 2014;82:9-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, bHLH factors play key roles in development and regeneration of the nervous system. Here, we review versatile functions of bHLH factors, focusing on telencephalic development. ..
- Shimojo H, Kageyama R. Oscillatory control of Delta-like1 in somitogenesis and neurogenesis: A unified model for different oscillatory dynamics. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2016;49:76-82 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the underlying mechanism for the different oscillatory dynamics (synchronous versus non-synchronous) in the PSM and neural stem cells in a unified manner. ..
- Shimojo H, Kageyama R. Making Waves toward the Shore by Synchronicity. Dev Cell. 2016;36:358-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, PSM cells self-organize the phase-coupled oscillators. ..
- Kageyama R, Niwa Y, Shimojo H. Rhythmic gene expression in somite formation and neural development. Mol Cells. 2009;27:497-502 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that oscillatory expression with short periods (ultradian oscillation) plays an important role in many biological events...