- Kuniyasu H, Chihara Y, Kondo H, Ohmori H, Ukai R. Amphoterin induction in prostatic stromal cells by androgen deprivation is associated with metastatic prostate cancer. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:1863-8 pubmed..These results suggest that androgen deprivation provides a paracrine interaction between cancer and stromal cells through the RAGE-amphoterin system in advanced prostate cancer. ..
- Kuniyasu H, Sasaki T, Sasahira T, Chihara Y, Ohmori H. Repression of MLH1 and MGMT genes in colon mucosa adjacent to implanted cancer in athymic mouse. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2004;23:317-23 pubmed..These findings suggest that promoter CpG methylation affects expression of MLH1 MGMT genes in hyperplastic mucosa adjacent to colon cancer. ..
- Kuniyasu H, Yano S, Sasaki T, Sasahira T, Sone S, Ohmori H. Colon cancer cell-derived high mobility group 1/amphoterin induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in macrophages. Am J Pathol. 2005;166:751-60 pubmed..These results suggest that HMGB1/amphoterin induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in macrophages through RAGE intracellular signaling pathway. ..
- Kuniyasu H, Ohmori H, Sasaki T, Sasahira T, Yoshida K, Kitadai Y, et al. Production of interleukin 15 by human colon cancer cells is associated with induction of mucosal hyperplasia, angiogenesis, and metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4802-10 pubmed..These data indicate that IL-15 produced by metastatic colon carcinoma cells can induce hyperplasia in the mucosa adjacent to colon cancer, thus contributing to angiogenesis and progression of the disease. ..
- Kuniyasu H, Oue N, Sasahira T, Yi L, Moriwaka Y, Shimomoto T, et al. Reg IV enhances peritoneal metastasis in gastric carcinomas. Cell Prolif. 2009;42:110-21 pubmed publisher..Collectively, Reg IV might accelerate peritoneal metastasis in gastric cancer. Reg IV in lavage fluids might be a good marker for peritoneal metastasis. ..