Affiliation: Kochi University
- Namikawa T, Tsuda S, Fujisawa K, Iwabu J, Uemura S, Tsujii S, et al. Superficial Spreading-type Gastric Cancer with Situs Inversus Totalis. In Vivo. 2018;32:685-689 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is only the second case of a superficial spreading-type gastric cancer in a patient with SIT reported in the English literature. ..
- Takezaki Y, Namikawa T, Koyama T, Munekage E, Munekage M, Maeda H, et al. Antitumor Effects of Eribulin Mesylate in Gemcitabine-resistant Pancreatic Cancer Cell Lines. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6077-6082 pubmed..The findings of the present study suggest that eribulin mesylate may be a promising potential anticancer drug for gemcitabine-refractory advanced pancreatic cancer. ..
- Namikawa T, Munekage M, Yatabe T, Kitagawa H, Hanazaki K. Current status and issues of the artificial pancreas: abridged English translation of a special issue in Japanese. J Artif Organs. 2018;21:132-137 pubmed publisher..Considering the current state and expense of regenerative and transplant medicine, along with donor shortages, further development of the artificial pancreas and associated glycemic control can be expected. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Munekage M, Fujisawa K, Munekgae E, Kobayashi M, et al. Outcomes of thoracoscopic esophagectomy in prone position with laparoscopic gastric mobilization for esophageal cancer. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2016;401:699-705 pubmed publisher..122). Patients who underwent TSE-PP with LGM for esophageal cancers recovered earlier after surgery compared to those who underwent open thoracotomy with LGM. ..
- Namikawa T, Munekage M, Kitagawa H, Yatabe T, Maeda H, Tsukamoto Y, et al. Comparison between a novel and conventional artificial pancreas for perioperative glycemic control using a closed-loop system. J Artif Organs. 2017;20:84-90 pubmed publisher..In the near future, this novel AP system might be accepted worldwide as a safe and useful device for use in perioperative glycemic control. ..
- Kitagawa H, Yatabe T, Namikawa T, Munekage M, Hanazaki K. Postoperative Closed-loop Glycemic Control Using an Artificial Pancreas in Patients After Esophagectomy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:4063-7 pubmed..4%, respectively. The mean LOH was 29.6 days. No patient developed severe hypoglycemia. Artificial pancreatic systems could minimize blood glucose variability and prevent severe hypoglycemic events for patients after esophagectomy. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Munekage M, Fujisawa K, Munekage E, Kawanishi Y, et al. Analysis of Factors Associated with Weight Loss After Esophagectomy for Esophageal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:5409-5412 pubmed..238-6.426; p=0.014] and shorter LOH (OR=2.953; 95% CI=1.009-8.646; p=0.048) were independently associated with more than 10% WL. Higher BMI and shorter LOH were unfavorable risk factors for WL after esophagectomy for esophageal cancer. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Munekage M, Akimori T, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Visualization of the Stomach's Arterial Networks During Esophageal Surgery Using the HyperEye Medical System. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:6201-5 pubmed..4% (p=0.204). The HEMS-LMM is safe and feasible for visualizing the blood supply border of the right gastroepiploic artery and the ANS before GT creation during esophageal surgery, and it might reduce leakage in esophageal surgery. ..
- Namikawa T, Munekage E, Munekage M, Maeda M, Yatabe T, Kitagawa H, et al. Synchronous Large Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor and Adenocarcinoma in the Stomach Treated with Imatinib Mesylate Followed by Total Gastrectomy. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1855-9 pubmed..In addition to the present case, we provide a retrospective review of another 15 patients who were diagnosed with synchronous GIST in the stomach and primary gastric adenocarcinoma. ..
- Namikawa T, Tsuda S, Fujisawa K, Iwabu J, Uemura S, Tsujii S, et al. Conversion surgery after S-1 plus oxaliplatin combination chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer with multiple liver metastases. Clin J Gastroenterol. 2018;11:297-301 pubmed publisher..We propose that conversion therapy might be an effective treatment for patients with advanced gastric cancer; however, further studies and assessments are needed to confirm and establish this treatment strategy. ..
- Namikawa T, Hokimoto N, Okabayashi T, Kumon M, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Adult ileoileal intussusception induced by an ileal lipoma diagnosed preoperatively: report of a case and review of the literature. Surg Today. 2012;42:686-92 pubmed publisher..The clinical characteristics of previously reported lipomas with intussusception are also discussed, including the relationships between the tumor size and symptoms or location...
- Namikawa T, Maeda H, Kitagawa H, Oba K, Tsuji A, Yoshikawa T, et al. Treatment using oxaliplatin and S-1 adjuvant chemotherapy for pathological stage III gastric cancer: a multicenter phase II study (TOSA trial) protocol. BMC Cancer. 2018;18:186 pubmed publisher..umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000029656 ). Registered January 24, 2017. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Iwabu J, Fujisawa K, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Comparison between neck-first approach and thoracic approach during thoracoscopic esophagectomy. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2017;402:1159-1165 pubmed publisher..17 days; P = 0.032). Patients who underwent thoracoscopic esophagectomy in the prone position via the prior cervical approach had better short-term outcomes than those who underwent the thoracic approach. ..
- Namikawa T, Kawanishi Y, Fujisawa K, Munekage E, Iwabu J, Munekage M, et al. Serum carbohydrate antigen 125 is a significant prognostic marker in patients with unresectable advanced or recurrent gastric cancer. Surg Today. 2018;48:388-394 pubmed publisher..Evaluating a panel of serum tumor biomarkers is a useful diagnostic tool as elevated values might be associated with poor survival. ..
- Namikawa T, Kawanishi Y, Fujisawa K, Munekage E, Munekage M, Sugase T, et al. Metachronous solitary splenic metastasis arising from early gastric cancer: a case report and literature review. BMC Surg. 2017;17:96 pubmed publisher..The present case suggests surgical resection may be the preferred treatment of choice for patients with a solitary splenic metastasis from gastric cancer. ..
- Namikawa T, Kitagawa H, Iwabu J, Okabayashi T, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Tumors arising at previous anastomotic site may have poor prognosis in patients with gastric stump cancer following gastrectomy. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010;14:1923-30 pubmed publisher..Early detection, attentive observation of anastomotic site, and sufficient surgical resection were important influences on outcome for patients with GSC after Billroth I or Billroth II reconstruction. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Iwabu J, Fujisawa K, Uemura S, Tsuda S, et al. Assessment of the blood supply using the indocyanine green fluorescence method and postoperative endoscopic evaluation of anastomosis of the gastric tube during esophagectomy. Surg Endosc. 2018;32:1749-1754 pubmed publisher..041). Intraoperative ICG assessment of the gastric tube was associated with PEA grading on anastomosis during esophagectomy. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Iwabu J, Hanazaki K. Gastric Tube Reconstruction with Superdrainage Using Indocyanine Green Fluorescence During Esophagectomy. In Vivo. 2017;31:1019-1021 pubmed..No postoperative anastomotic leakage was observed, and the patient was discharged 22 days after surgery. Thus, we recommend the indocyanine green fluorescence method in cases involving superdrainage during esophagectomy. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Hanazaki K. Neck Dissection and Thoracoscopic Esophagectomy in Esophageal Cancer with Aberrant Subclavian Artery. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3787-3790 pubmed..No postoperative complication was observed, and the patient was discharged 17 days after surgery. Thus, we recommend prior neck dissection in cases involving aberrant right subclavian artery during esophagectomy. ..
- Kitagawa H, Namikawa T, Yatabe T, Munekage M, Yamasaki F, Kobayashi M, et al. Effects of a preoperative immune-modulating diet in patients with esophageal cancer: a prospective parallel group randomized study. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2017;402:531-538 pubmed publisher..Preoperative IMD suppressed the elevation of the TNF-Î± levels after thoracoscopic esophagectomy in patients with esophageal cancer, although no different tendency was detected in terms of IL-6, CRP or postoperative complications. ..
- Namikawa T, Munekage E, Maeda H, Kitagawa H, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Feasibility study of supportive care using lafutidine, a histamine H2 receptor antagonist, to prevent gastrointestinal toxicity during chemotherapy for gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:7297-301 pubmed..However, this indication needs to be confirmed in a larger, prospective, randomized, controlled trial. ..
- Namikawa T, Fukudome I, Kitagawa H, Okabayashi T, Kobayashi M, Hanazaki K. Plasma diamine oxidase activity is a useful biomarker for evaluating gastrointestinal tract toxicities during chemotherapy with oral fluorouracil anti-cancer drugs in patients with gastric cancer. Oncology. 2012;82:147-52 pubmed publisher..Plasma DAO activities may be useful for monitoring and evaluating gastrointestinal tract toxicities induced by adjuvant chemotherapy with oral fluorouracil in patients with gastric cancer. ..