Affiliation: Ehime University
- Tsujita T, Takaku T. Lipolysis induced by segment wall extract from Satsuma mandarin orange (Citrus unshu Mark). J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007;53:547-51 pubmed..These results suggest that the segment wall, an edible fraction, from Satsuma mandarin orange might be useful as a functional food, especially as a fat-reducing material...
- Tsujita T, Takaku T, Suzuki T. Chestnut astringent skin extract, an alpha-amylase inhibitor, retards carbohydrate absorption in rats and humans. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:82-8 pubmed..These results suggest that CAS extract retards absorption of carbohydrate and reduces post-prandial hyperglycemia. ..
- Tsujita T, Takaku T. Mechanism of the inhibitory action of chestnut astringent skin extract on carbohydrate absorption. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008;54:416-21 pubmed..CAS extract prevented increases in body weight and fasting blood glucose concentration. These data suggest that CAS extract has an anti-diabetic function in type 2 diabetic mice that mainly functions through inhibition of alpha-amylase. ..
- Tsujita T, Yamada M, Takaku T, Shintani T, Teramoto K, Sato T. Purification and characterization of polyphenols from chestnut astringent skin. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:8646-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest CAS contains polyphenols with strong α-amylase inhibitory activity. The data also suggest CAS polyphenols might be oligomeric proanthocyanidins with gallic acid and ellagic acid...
- Tsujita T, Shintani T, Sato H. α-Amylase inhibitory activity from nut seed skin polyphenols. 1. Purification and characterization of almond seed skin polyphenols. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:4570-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest almond seed skin contains highly polymerized polyphenols with strong α-amylase inhibitory activity, which retard absorption of carbohydrate. ..