Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Uccelli A, Moretta L, Pistoia V. Mesenchymal stem cells in health and disease. Nat Rev Immunol. 2008;8:726-36 pubmed publisher..This Review discusses the targets and mechanisms of MSC-mediated immunomodulation and the possible translation of MSCs to new therapeutic approaches. ..
- Laroni A, Armentani E, Kerlero de Rosbo N, Ivaldi F, Marcenaro E, Sivori S, et al. Dysregulation of regulatory CD56(bright) NK cells/T cells interactions in multiple sclerosis. J Autoimmun. 2016;72:8-18 pubmed publisher..The defect in controlling autologous T cells by CD56(bright) NK cells in MS/CIS might contribute to the excess of autoimmune response that is associated to disease development. ..
- Vigo T, Procaccini C, Ferrara G, Baranzini S, Oksenberg J, Matarese G, et al. IFN-? orchestrates mesenchymal stem cell plasticity through the signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 and 3 and mammalian target of rapamycin pathways. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:1667-1676 pubmed publisher....
- Ferrara G, Errede M, Girolamo F, Morando S, Ivaldi F, Panini N, et al. NG2, a common denominator for neuroinflammation, blood-brain barrier alteration, and oligodendrocyte precursor response in EAE, plays a role in dendritic cell activation. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;132:23-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NG2 plays a role in EAE not only at CNS/BBB level, but also at immune response level, impacting on DC activation and thereby their stimulation of reactive T cells, through controlling IL-12 expression. ..
- Gandoglia I, Ivaldi F, Carrega P, Armentani E, Ferlazzo G, Mancardi G, et al. In vitro VLA-4 blockade results in an impaired NK cell-mediated immune surveillance against melanoma. Immunol Lett. 2017;181:109-115 pubmed publisher....