Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Treatment of rosaceaA Parodi
Dermatology Department, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV n 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Ann Dermatol Venereol 138:S211-4. 2011..If not, we use oral metronidazole or oral tetracycline to treat papulopustolar rosacea. We also look for Demodex folliculorum infestation. When Demodex concentration is higher than 5/cm(2) we use topical crotamiton 10% or metronidazole...
- Cutaneous manifestations of lupus erythematosusA Parodi
Di S Sal, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST Genova, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 149:549-54. 2014..Although less frequently also the chronic cutaneous lesions can be an aspect of systemic LE (25%). ..
- Hair loss in autoimmune systemic diseasesA Parodi
DiSSal Section of Dermatology AOU San Martino IST Genoa, IRCCS University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 149:79-81. 2014..In dermatomyositis alopecia is usually non scarring and generalized. In scleroderma, alopecia is associated with en coupe de sabre morphea. ..
- Prevalence of stratified epithelium-specific antinuclear antibodies in 138 patients with lichen planusAurora Parodi
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:974-8. 2007..Antibodies to stratified epithelia characterize chronic ulcerative stomatitis, an entity that very closely resembles erosive lichen planus both clinically and histologically. These antibodies are directed against a 70-kd antigen...
- [Treatment of rosacea]A Parodi
Di S E M Service de Dermatologie Université de Gênes, Viale Benedetto XV n 7, 16132 Gênes, Italie
Ann Dermatol Venereol 138:S158-62. 2011..If not, we use oral metronidazole or oral tetracycline to treat papulopustolar rosacea. We also look for Demodex folliculorum infestation. When Demodex concentration is higher than 5/cm(2) we use topical crotamiton 10% or metronidazole...
- Diagnosing Pemphigus foliaceus: a retrospective analysis of clinical, histological and immunological criteriaS Delmonte
Section of Dermatology, DISEM, Genoa, Italy
Dermatology 203:289-93. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Histopathology remains the most reliable criterion for diagnosing PF. Western blot and ELISA, especially in combination, may be only of confirmatory value...
- Detection of antibodies to anti-TNF agents in psoriatic patients: a preliminary studyE Cozzani
IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 148:171-4. 2013..All the biological proteins, including fully human proteins, have the potential to induce immunogenicity which leads to the development of specific antidrug antibodies (ADAs)...
- Antidesmoplakin antibodies in pemphigus vulgarisE Cozzani
Di S E M Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Br J Dermatol 154:624-8. 2006..Besides being present in paraneoplastic pemphigus (PNP), circulating antidesmoplakin (DP) antibodies have been found anecdotally in other bullous diseases, including pemphigus foliaceus and pemphigus vulgaris...
- Changes in neurosyphilis presentation: a survey on 286 patientsF Drago
Di S Sal Section of Dermatology, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 30:1886-1900. 2016..Unfortunately, many articles are lacking of critical information, like an accurate clinical history and timing of the therapy making difficult to assess the effectiveness of penicillin in preventing NS...
- Generalized annular granuloma associated with crowned dens syndrome, which resolved with colchicine treatmentE Cozzani
IRCCS, AOU San Martino IST, Di S Sal Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 41:640-2. 2016..As the low-dosage colchicine treatment was well tolerated by our patient, this could be easily used in the management of GA. However, further studies are needed to confirm the action of colchicine on GA. ..
- Vasculitis associated with connective tissue diseasesE Cozzani
Section of Dermatology, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST Di S Sal, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 150:221-32. 2015..This review will focus on the cutaneous involvement in CTD associated vasculitis. ..
- Reticular erythematous mucinosis: histopathological and immunohistochemical features of 25 patients compared with 25 cases of lupus erythematosus tumidusE Cinotti
Section of Dermatology, Department of Health Sciences DISSAL, University of Genoa and IRCCS San Martino IST University Hospital, Genoa, Italy Section of Dermatology, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 29:689-97. 2015..However, to our knowledge no study extensively compared the histological features of these two conditions. The aim of this study is to compare the histological and immunohistochemical features of REM and LET...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from thiurams with pemphigus-like autoantibodiesR Gallo
Section of Dermatology Di S E M, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 46:364-5. 2002
- Reticular erythematous mucinosis: a review of patients' characteristics, associated conditions, therapy and outcome in 25 casesF Rongioletti
Section of Dermatology, Department of Health Sciences DISSAL, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, 16132, Genoa, Italy
Br J Dermatol 169:1207-11. 2013..Reticular erythematous mucinosis (REM) is an uncommon disease, the nosology and specific characteristics of which are controversial because most reports deal with single cases or small series...
- Rowell's syndrome. Report of a caseA Parodi
Department of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 21:374-7. 1989..A review of the literature suggests that most of the cases of Rowell's syndrome described thus far in fact may be cases of coincidental association of lupus erythematosus and erythema multiforme...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from pentylene glycol in an emollient cream, with possible co-sensitization to resveratrolR Gallo
Section of Dermatology Di S E M University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 48:176-7. 2003
- Antidouble-stranded DNA isotypes in lupus erythematosus patients with prevalent cutaneous presentationA Parodi
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Diseases, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, Italy
Br J Dermatol 147:754-6. 2002..Antidouble-stranded DNA antibodies (anti-dsDNA Ab), in particular of the IgG isotype, are usually considered a marker of systemic lupus erythematosus and often correlate with the disease activity...
- The quality of life in Italian psoriatic patients treated with biological drugsE Cozzani
Di S E M Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 145:709-12. 2010..We investigated whether the improvement of skin lesions obtained with the new biological drugs comes with by a better Quality of Life (QoL) as well...
- Measuring the activity of the disease in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosusA Parodi
Clinica Dermatologica del Università, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Br J Dermatol 142:457-60. 2000..Over time, even L-DLE patients may develop active disease. Photosensitivity, alopecia, oral ulcers and Raynaud's phenomenon seem to herald a worse prognosis...
- Safety and immunogenicity of two influenza virus subunit vaccines, with or without MF59 adjuvant, administered to human immunodeficiency virus type 1-seropositive and -seronegative adultsP Durando
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:253-9. 2008..The results showed good safety and immunogenicity for both vaccines under study for both uninfected and HIV-1-infected adults, confirming current recommendations for immunization of this high-risk category...
- MF-59 adjuvant influence on the functions of gammadelta T cells in HIV-1+ adults immunized with influenza seasonal vaccineD Fenoglio
Clinic Immunology Unit, CEBR, University of Genoa, Italy
J Prev Med Hyg 52:137-41. 2011....
- Bone quality in perinatally HIV-infected children: role of age, sex, growth, HIV infection, and antiretroviral therapyR Rosso
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Genoa, School of Medicine, San Martino Hospital, 16132 Genoa, Italy
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 21:927-32. 2005..0001), and therapy duration (r = 0.31, p = 0.04). Both AD-SoS and BTT values in patients fell below mean values of controls. Follow-up of bone mineral density is important in patients to prevent long-term problems of skeletal status...
- Dermatomyositis in 132 patients with different clinical subtypes: cutaneous signs, constitutional symptoms and circulating antibodiesA Parodi
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Diseases, University of Genoa, Genova, Italy
Acta Derm Venereol 82:48-51. 2002..ANA did not correlate with the disease activity. We confirmed the data from the literature, but no cutaneous sign, constitutional symptom or circulating antibody was found marking a particular subtype of the disease...
- Salvia somalensis essential oil as a potential cosmetic ingredient: solvent-free microwave extraction, hydrodistillation, GC-MS analysis, odour evaluation and in vitro cytotoxicity assaysC Villa
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Viale Benedetto XV, Genova, Italy
Int J Cosmet Sci 31:55-61. 2009..The promising results in terms of chemical composition, scent and safety seem to indicate this essential oil as an interesting potential functional ingredient useful in a cosmetic context...
- Effect of the cisplatin-procaine complex DPR in combination with several anticancer agents on murine P388 leukemic cells in vitro and in vivoI Pastrone
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Servizio di Farmacologia Tossicologica, Genova, Italy
Invest New Drugs 16:297-302. 1998..p. P388 leukemic cells. Our data in vivo confirmed those obtained in vitro, demonstrating the therapeutic advantage of the association of ineffective doses of DPR (2 and 7 mg/kg) and MMC (3.2 mg/kg) over the administration of MMC alone...
- Scleroderma subsets are best detected by the simultaneous analysis of the autoantibody profile using commercial ELISAA Parodi
Section of Dermatology, DISEM, University of Genoa, Italy
Dermatology 204:29-32. 2002..Although an autoantibody profile should be studied, this has never been done in a large series of patients...
- Cardiac involvement in cutaneous sarcoidosis: case reports and review of the literatureF Drago
DISSAL, Department of Dermatology, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol . 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible cardiac involvement in cutaneous sarcoidosis patients...
- Dermatological consultations in an observation unit of an emergency department in ItalyF Drago
DISSAL Section of Dermatology, IRCCS Azienda Universitaria Ospedaliera San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 29:973-80. 2015..Dermatological emergencies exist and should not be underestimated. On the other hand, many accesses to the emergency department (ED) of patients with dermatological conditions are unjustified...
- Role of soluble and cell surface molecules in the pathogenesis of autoimmune skin diseasesM Drosera
Di S E M Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:S7-13. 2006..Data regarding the activity of DNAse in patients with cutaneous lupus erythematosus as a possible risk factor for the development of systemic disease are here reported...
- Papular elastolytic giant cell granuloma: report of a case associated with monoclonal gammopathy and responsive to topical tacrolimusF Rongioletti
Section of Dermatology, DISEM, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 35:145-8. 2010..We report a case whose interest, besides the rarity of the occurrence, rests in the pure papular expression of the clinical features, the association with a monoclonal gammopathy and the apparent efficacy of topical tacrolimus...
- A novel missense mutation in fumarate hydratase in an Italian patient with a diffuse variant of cutaneous leiomyomatosis (Reed's syndrome)F Rongioletti
Section of Dermatology, DISEM, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Dermatology 221:378-80. 2010..This syndrome overlaps with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer (HLRCC) syndrome...
- A fatal case of DRESS induced by strontium ranelate associated with HHV-7 reactivationF Drago
DISSAL Department of Dermatology, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, 16132, Genoa, Italy
Osteoporos Int 27:1261-4. 2016..Our case underlines that not only HHV-6 but also HHV-7 systemic reactivation may be associated with a more severe and even fatal course of this syndrome...
- Bilateral Warthin tumor in psoriatic patients in therapy with multiple immunosuppressive therapyM Burlando
IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Di S Sal, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 28:138-41. 2015..The authors report a case of bilateral salivary gland tumor in a psoriatic patient treated with several immunosuppressive therapies including anti-TNFα inhibitors. ..
- Erythema gyratum repens is not an obligate paraneoplastic disease: a systematic review of the literature and personal experienceF Rongioletti
Section of Dermatology, DISSAL, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 28:112-5. 2014..Erythema gyratum repens (EGR) is a rare clinical entity that is considered to be an obligatory paraneoplastic disease. According to the literature, an underlying neoplasm can be detected in 82% of the cases...
- Localized salt-dependent aquagenic urticaria: a subtype of aquagenic urticaria?R Gallo
Department of Health Sciences Di S Sal, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 38:754-7. 2013..SDAU is possibly under-recognized and under-reported. ..
- Cutaneous sporotrichoid leishmaniasis resistant to pentavalent antimonial therapy: complete resolution with itraconazoleE Cozzani
Section of Dermatology, Di S E M, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 36:49-51. 2011..To our knowledge, this is only the third such case reported. We discuss the causes of dissemination of the nodular lesions and the negative results for amastigotes on re-biopsed lesions...
- Baboon syndrome from 5-aminosalicylic acidR Gallo
Section of Dermatology, Di S E M, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 46:110. 2002
- Trichoblastoma: is a clinical or dermoscopic diagnosis possible?G Ghigliotti
I R C C S A O U San Martino IST, Di S Sal, Sezione di Dermatologia, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 30:1978-1980. 2016..Trichoblastoma is a rare benign skin tumour that must be differentiated from basal cell carcinoma for its benign course and favourable outcome...
- IRIS: methodological assessment of psychopathological disease in a cohort of hirsute womenS Javor
DISSAL Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino, IST, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol . 2014..For the evaluation of psychopathological discomfort the most appropriate questionnaire was GHQ--12, because of it major sensitivity to identify the psychological discomfort in the hirsutism...
- The high incidence of anti-Ro/SSA and anti-p200 antibodies in female patients with connective tissue diseases confirms the importance of screening for congenital heart block-associated autoantibodies during pregnancyE Cozzani
Section of Dermatology, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST, 16132, Genoa, Italy
Arch Dermatol Res 308:139-43. 2016..6 ± 1.7 and 1.7 ± 1.9; p = 0.041). The authors think screenings for anti-Ro/SSA and anti-p200 antibodies should be included in the laboratory checklist for pregnancy...
- Role of peripheral eosinophilia in adverse cutaneous drug reactionsF Drago
DISSAL Section of Dermatology, IRCCS University Hospital San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 19:2008-9. 2015..The objective of this retrospective study was to verify whether peripheral eosinophilia (PE) may be a marker of severity for adverse cutaneous drug reactions (ACDR)...
- Pyoderma gangrenosum: a systematic reviewE Cozzani
Di S Sal, Section of Dermatology, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San MartinoIST Genoa, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 149:587-600. 2014..For severe forms of PG a systemic therapy with glucocorticoids and/or other drugs such as tacrolimus, cyclosporine, etc. is needed. This paper is a systematic review of literature on PG. ..
- Relapsed actinic keratosis evaluation: an observational Italian multicenter prospective study. Does gender have a role?S Javor
DISSAL Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 149:199-204. 2014..Relapsed actinic keratoses evaluation study (RAKE) was performed in nine Italian centers of dermatology in order to observe the outcome of the treatments of these common skin neoplasms...
- Surgical prevention and treatment of lymphedema after lymph node dissection in patients with cutaneous melanomaF Boccardo
Department of Surgery, Unit of Lymphatic Surgery, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Lymphology 46:20-6. 2013..In addition, lymphatic-venous multiple anastomoses proved to be a successful treatment for clinical lymphedema with particular success if treated at the early stages...
- Metabolic syndrome and ambulatory arterial stiffness index in non-diabetic patients with primary hypertensionG Leoncini
Department of Cardio Nephrology, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino, Genoa, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 21:802-7. 2007..These data support the role of this new index of arterial stiffness as a marker of risk and help to explain the high cardiovascular morbidity and mortality that is observed in hypertensive patients with MS...
- Onset of cutaneous vasculitis and exacerbation of IgA nephropathy after Bartonella henselae infectionE Cozzani
Section of Dermatology, Department of Endocrinological and Medical Sciences, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Clin Exp Dermatol 37:238-40. 2012..Patients reporting cat scratches or bites should undergo accurate clinical examination, routine laboratory examinations, urinalysis and clinical surveillance...
- Fosinopril as a possible pemphigus-inducing drugA Parodi
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Diseases, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Italy
Dermatology 204:139-41. 2002..Fosinopril, therefore, is probably unable to block the adhesion molecules in vivo. Our method might be used to verify the acantholytic properties of a drug...
- Multiple eruptive dermatofibromas in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with prednisoneC Massone
Di S E M, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Italy
Int J Dermatol 41:279-81. 2002..A biopsy specimen of a lesion of the trunk revealed an epidermal seborrheic-keratosis-like hyperplasia with dermal fibrosis and fibroblastic proliferation (Fig. 1). Dermatofibroma was diagnosed...
- In vitro polydeoxyribonucleotide effects on human pre-adipocytesE Raposio
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Plastic Surgery Division, DICMI, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Cell Prolif 41:739-54. 2008....
- Bone quality assessed by phalangeal quantitative ultrasonography in children and adolescents with isolated idiopathic growth hormone deficiencyM Vignolo
Division of Pediatric Clinic, University of Genoa, G Gaslini Institute, 16147 Genoa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 30:445-50. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of isolated GHD and GH-replacement therapy on bone quality assessed by a quantitative ultrasound (QUS) technique at the proximal phalanges of the hand...
- Longitudinal assessment of bone quality by quantitative ultrasonography in children and adolescentsM Vignolo
Paediatric Clinic, University of Genoa, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1003-10. 2006..In conclusion, the present study would confirm that QUS measurements are accurate. Ad-SoS and BTT increment models are similar to most growth velocity curves and follow a strongly age- and growth-dependent pattern...