Affiliation: University of Padova
- Marioni G, Gaio E, Giacomelli L, Bertolin A, D Alessandro E, Stramare R, et al. MASPIN subcellular localization and expression in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2008;265 Suppl 1:S97-104 pubmed publisher..Further investigations are necessary to understand the biological role of cytoplasmic MASPIN localization in oral carcinoma. ..
- Marioni G, Blandamura S, Lionello M, Giacomelli L, Staffieri C, Fasanaro E, et al. Nuclear MASPIN expression relates to a better prognosis in elderly patients with laryngeal carcinoma. Acta Otolaryngol. 2011;131:1220-5 pubmed publisher..The loco-regional recurrence rate was significantly lower (p = 0.041) and the disease-free survival after treatment was significantly longer (p = 0.045) in cases with a nuclear pattern of MASPIN subcellular expression. ..
- Marioni G, Rinaldi R, Ottaviano G, Marchese Ragona R, Savastano M, Staffieri A. Cervical necrotizing fasciitis: a novel clinical presentation of Burkholderia cepacia infection. J Infect. 2006;53:e219-22 pubmed..We describe the first case of CNF due to multi-drug resistant Burkholderia cepacia and Peptostreptococcus infection in an immuno-competent patient without cystic fibrosis...
- Marioni G, Rinaldi R, Staffieri C, Marchese Ragona R, Saia G, Stramare R, et al. Deep neck infection with dental origin: analysis of 85 consecutive cases (2000-2006). Acta Otolaryngol. 2008;128:201-6 pubmed..9%); in 56 patients (65.9%) the infection involved more than one space. Twenty-four patients (28.2%) were treated only with intravenous antibiotic therapy; 61 patients (71.8%) required both medical and surgical procedures. ..
- Marioni G, Marino F, Blandamura S, D Alessandro E, Giacomelli L, Guzzardo V, et al. Neoangiogenesis in laryngeal carcinoma: angiogenin and CD105 expression is related to carcinoma recurrence rate and disease-free survival. Histopathology. 2010;57:535-43 pubmed publisher..0001). ? Angiogenin expression in laryngeal carcinoma cells and CD105 expression can be considered as potentially useful to detect LSCC patients with higher risk of disease recurrence who might benefit from more aggressive therapy. ..
- Marioni G, Staffieri A, Giacomelli L, Lionello M, Guzzardo V, Busnardo A, et al. Mammalian target of rapamycin expression and laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma prognosis: novel preliminary evidence. Histopathology. 2011;58:1148-56 pubmed publisher..The role of mTOR inhibitors in multimodality or multitarget strategies against laryngeal SCC warrants investigation. ..
- Marioni G, Zanoletti E, Stritoni P, Lionello M, Giacomelli L, Gianatti A, et al. Expression of the tumour-suppressor maspin in temporal bone carcinoma. Histopathology. 2013;63:242-9 pubmed publisher..Maspin is a serpin showing tumour-suppressing activity which has therapeutic potential. The present study is the first to investigate maspin expression in temporal bone SCCs, using a series of 29 cases...
- Marioni G, Zanoletti E, Mazzoni A, Gianatti A, Valentini E, Girasoli L, et al. Cortactin and phosphorylated cortactin tyr466 expression in temporal bone carcinoma. Am J Otolaryngol. 2017;38:208-212 pubmed publisher..Multi-institutional studies should further investigate the role of cortactin and phosphorylated cortactin in TBSCC, and their potential clinical application in integrated treatment modalities. ..