Affiliation: University of Milano-Bicocca
- Mancia G, Facchetti R, Parati G, Zanchetti A. Visit-to-visit blood pressure variability in the European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis: methodological aspects and effects of antihypertensive treatment. J Hypertens. 2012;30:1241-51 pubmed publisher..Interindividual BP variability during treatment shows marked quantitative differences with intraindividual BP variability questioning whether its use can accurately reflect individual BP variations from one visit to another. ..
- Mancia G, Facchetti R, Parati G, Zanchetti A. Visit-to-visit blood pressure variability, carotid atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular events in the European Lacidipine Study on Atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2012;126:569-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, when BP is modestly elevated, inconsistency of BP control between visits plays a less important prognostic role than long-term average BP levels. ..
- Mancia G, Zanchetti A, Bohm M, Christiaens T, Cifkova R, De Backer G, et al. 2013 ESH/ESC guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the Task Force for the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J. 2013;34:2159-219 pubmed publisher
- Mancia G, Cannon C, Tikkanen I, Zeller C, Ley L, Woerle H, et al. Impact of Empagliflozin on Blood Pressure in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension by Background Antihypertensive Medication. Hypertension. 2016;68:1355-1364 pubmed..URL: https://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01370005. ..
- Mancia G, Rosei E, Ambrosioni E, Avino F, Carolei A, Daccò M, et al. Hypertension and migraine comorbidity: prevalence and risk of cerebrovascular events: evidence from a large, multicenter, cross-sectional survey in Italy (MIRACLES study). J Hypertens. 2011;29:309-18 pubmed publisher....
- Morganti A, Mancia G. Resistant hypertension: Renal denervation or intensified medical treatment?. Eur J Intern Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..At present, it is advisable to treat RH with the addition of an anti-aldosterone agent. If BP control is not achieved or serious side effects become manifest RDN may then be considered. ..
- Mancia G, Schumacher H, Bohm M, Redon J, Schmieder R, Verdecchia P, et al. Relative and Combined Prognostic Importance of On-Treatment Mean and Visit-to-Visit Blood Pressure Variability in ONTARGET and TRANSCEND Patients. Hypertension. 2017;70:938-948 pubmed publisher..Prediction improved by their combined use, which may thus offer a more precise estimate of the protective effect of treatment. URL: http//www.clinicaltrial.gov. Unique identifier: NCT153.101. ..