Affiliation: University of Messina
Location: Messina, Italy
- First example of direct RuO4-catalyzed oxidation of isoxazolidines to 3-isoxazolidonesAnna Piperno
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Universita di Messina, Via SS Annunziata, Messina 98168, Italy
J Org Chem 72:3958-60. 2007..RuO2/NaIO4 oxidation of 3-unsubstituted isoxazolidines, under ethyl acetate/water biphasic conditions, affords 3-isoxazolidones in good yields. The methodology can be used on both racemic and optically active isoxazolidines...
- Synthesis of C-4'truncated phosphonated carbocyclic 2'-oxa-3'-azanucleosides as antiviral agentsAnna Piperno
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, University of Messina, Via SS Annunziata, Messina 98168, Italy
J Org Chem 75:2798-805. 2010..Preliminary biological assays show that beta-anomers of TPCOANs are able to inhibit the reverse transcriptase of different retroviruses at concentrations in the nanomolar range, with a potency comparable with that of tenofovir...
- Antiviral activity of seed extract from Citrus bergamia towards human retrovirusesEmanuela Balestrieri
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Science, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 19:2084-9. 2011..The cytotoxicity of the assayed compounds of natural origin was substantially less pronounced than that of the reference compounds, thus showing a favourable selectivity index for the novel BSext product...
- Peptidomimetics containing a vinyl ketone warhead as falcipain-2 inhibitorsRoberta Ettari
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, University of Messina, Viale Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Eur J Med Chem 46:2058-65. 2011..Our goal is to modify the P(3) site of this motif in order to identify the structural requirements for the interaction with the target...
- Truncated Reverse Isoxazolidinyl Nucleosides: A New Class of Allosteric HIV-1 Reverse Transcriptase InhibitorsRoberto Romeo
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Via S S Annunziata, 98168 Messina Italy
ChemMedChem 7:565-9. 2012..Biological evaluation showed that some of the derivatives act as non-nucleoside inhibitors of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase, with an efficacy comparable to that of Nevirapine but with reduced toxicity...
- Truncated phosphonated C-1'-branched N,O-nucleosides: a new class of antiviral agentsRoberto Romeo
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Università of Messina, 98168 Messina, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 20:3652-7. 2012..Higher SI values with respect to AZT indicated that the compounds were endowed with low cytotoxicity...
- 3,4-DHPEA-EA from Olea Europaea L. is effective against standard and clinical isolates of Staphylococcus spCarlo Bisignano
Dipartimento di Scienze del Farmaco e Prodotti per la Salute, University of Messina, Viale Annunziata, 98100 Messina, Italy
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 13:24. 2014....
- Synthesis of spiro[isoindole-1,5'-isoxazolidin]-3(2H)-ones as potential inhibitors of the MDM2-p53 interactionSalvatore V Giofrè
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Biologiche, farmaceutiche e ambientali, Via S S Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
Beilstein J Org Chem 12:2793-2807. 2016..Biological tests suggest that the antitumor activity could be linked to the inhibition of the protein-protein p53-MDM2 interaction. Docking measurements support the biological data...
- Synthesis and biological properties of 5-(1H-1,2,3-triazol-4-yl)isoxazolidines: a new class of C-nucleosidesSalvatore V Giofrè
Dipartimento Scienze del Farmaco e Prodotti per la Salute, Universita di Messina, Via S S Annunziata, Messina 98168, Italy
Molecules 20:5260-75. 2015....