- Seasonal 4-year investigation into the role of the alpine marmot (Marmota marmota) as a carrier of zoophilic dermatophytesM G Gallo
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Epidemiologia ed Ecologia, Sezione Parassitologia e Malattie Parassitarie, Grugliasco, Turin, Italy
Med Mycol 43:373-9. 2005..This seems to be confirmed by the fact that the fungus has never been found in the control samples collected at a distance of 300 m from the outer edge of the sampled burrow systems...
- Eastern cottontail (sylvilagus floridanus) as carrier of dermatophyte fungiM G Gallo
Department of Animal Production Epidemiology and Ecology, University of Turin, Grugliasco, TO, Italy
Mycopathologia 160:163-6. 2005..As Eastern cottontail has been showed to be a carrier of dermatophytes transmissible to man (M. canis, T. mentagrophytes and M. gypseum), it may represent a source of infection for gamekeepers, hunters and veterinarians...
- A case of disseminated mycosis in a German shepherd dog due to Penicillium purpurogenumR Zanatta
Dipartimenti di Patologia Animale e di Produzioni Animali, Epidemiologia ed Ecologia, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Torino, Italy
Med Mycol 44:93-7. 2006..purpurogenum. Apart from female GSD's suspected predisposition to disseminated mycoses described in literature, no other predisposing factors were ascertained in this case...
- Management of Malassezia-related diseases in the dogA Peano
Dipartimento Produzioni Animali, Epidemiologia ed Ecologia, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Italy
Parassitologia 50:85-8. 2008..New perspectives, as the use of natural compounds, immunotherapy and inhibitors of yeast adherence factors, are also discussed...
- Phaeohyphomycosis by Phialophora verrucosa: first European case in a catM Beccati
Centro Medico Veterinario Adda, via Roma 3, 24042 Capriate S Gervaso, Bergamo, Italy
Vet Rec 157:93-4. 2005