Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Rossi S, Motta C, Studer V, Macchiarulo G, Germani G, Finardi A, et al. Subclinical central inflammation is risk for RIS and CIS conversion to MS. Mult Scler. 2015;21:1443-52 pubmed publisher..IL-8 might provide utility in determining the presence of active intrathecal inflammation, and could be important in diagnostically undefined cases. ..
- Rossi S, Motta C, Musella A, Centonze D. The interplay between inflammatory cytokines and the endocannabinoid system in the regulation of synaptic transmission. Neuropharmacology. 2015;96:105-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, the behavioral and clinical consequences of the modulation of synaptic transmission during neuroinflammation are discussed. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Neuroimmunology and Synaptic Function'. ..
- Centonze D, Rossi S, Mercaldo V, Napoli I, Ciotti M, De Chiara V, et al. Abnormal striatal GABA transmission in the mouse model for the fragile X syndrome. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;63:963-73 pubmed..Understanding the physiologic action of FMRP and the synaptic defects associated with GABA transmission might be useful to design appropriate pharmacologic interventions for FXS. ..
- Mori F, NisticÃ² R, Nicoletti C, Zagaglia S, Mandolesi G, Piccinin S, et al. RANTES correlates with inflammatory activity and synaptic excitability in multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016;22:1405-1412 pubmed..RANTES correlates with inflammation and synaptic excitability in MS brains. ..
- Albanese M, Zagaglia S, Landi D, Boffa L, Nicoletti C, Marciani M, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid lactate is associated with multiple sclerosis disease progression. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:36 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the alterations of mitochondrial metabolic pathways associated to RRMS severity may pave the way to new therapeutic targets to contrast axonal damage and disease severity. ..
- Stampanoni Bassi M, Mori F, Buttari F, Marfia G, Sancesario A, Centonze D, et al. Neurophysiology of synaptic functioning in multiple sclerosis. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1148-1157 pubmed publisher..Innate and adaptive immunity interact with the CNS in MS, in line with the concept that cytokines and chemokines, in concert with neurotransmitters and neuropeptides, represent a major communication system in the CNS. ..
- Centonze D, Koch G, Versace V, Mori F, Rossi S, Brusa L, et al. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the motor cortex ameliorates spasticity in multiple sclerosis. Neurology. 2007;68:1045-50 pubmed..No effect was obtained after a 2-week sham stimulation. Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation may improve spasticity in multiple sclerosis. ..
- Mango D, Nistico R, Furlan R, Finardi A, Centonze D, Mori F. PDGF Modulates Synaptic Excitability and Short-Latency Afferent Inhibition in Multiple Sclerosis. Neurochem Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..These findings show that PDGF affects GABAergic activity both in MS patients and in EAE hippocampus. ..
- Gentile A, Musella A, De Vito F, Fresegna D, Bullitta S, Rizzo F, et al. Laquinimod ameliorates excitotoxic damage by regulating glutamate re-uptake. J Neuroinflammation. 2018;15:5 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that laquinimod protects against glutamate excitotoxicity of the cerebellum of EAE mice by bursting the expression of glial glutamate transporters, independently of its anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Monteleone F, Nicoletti C, Stampanoni Bassi M, Iezzi E, Buttari F, Furlan R, et al. Nerve growth factor is elevated in the CSF of patients with multiple sclerosis and central neuropathic pain. J Neuroimmunol. 2018;314:89-93 pubmed publisher..We found increased levels of NGF in the CSF of patients with CNP compared to patients without and to controls. This finding supports the hypothesis that NGF plays a role in MS related CNP. ..
- Mandolesi G, Bullitta S, Fresegna D, Gentile A, De Vito F, Dolcetti E, et al. Interferon-? causes mood abnormalities by altering cannabinoid CB1 receptor function in the mouse striatum. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;108:45-53 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the biological pathways underling the psychological disorders during neuroinflammatory conditions is crucial for developing effective therapeutic strategies. ..
- Centonze D, Prosperetti C, Barone I, Rossi S, Picconi B, Tscherter A, et al. NR2B-containing NMDA receptors promote the neurotoxic effects of 3-nitropropionic acid but not of rotenone in the striatum. Exp Neurol. 2006;202:470-9 pubmed