Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in an Italian intensive care unit: clinical and therapeutical remarksE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 16:145-50. 2004....
- In vitro activity of sagamicin against ocular bacterial isolatesPiero Marone
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS S Matteo, Pavia, Italia
Ophthalmologica 216:133-8. 2002..The attachment of 2 S. epidermidis strains to plastic surfaces was partially prevented by sagamicin subinhibitory concentrations. On the contrary, sub-MIC levels of norfloxacin increased the adhesion of S. epidermidis...
- Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium infection in three children given allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: clinical and microbiologic featuresE Carretto
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Viale Taramelli 5, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 85:1158-64. 2000..The aim of this study is to report on the clinical and microbiological features of VRE infections in 3 children given hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Catheter-related bacteremia due to Lactobacillus rhamnosus in a single-lung transplant recipientE Carretto
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Scand J Infect Dis 33:780-2. 2001..and some reports emphasize that these microorganisms are never isolated from endovascular devices. In this report we present a case of catheter-related bacteremia due to L. rhamnosus in a patient who underwent a single-lung transplant...
- Use of the DiversiLab semiautomated repetitive-sequence-based polymerase chain reaction for epidemiologic analysis on Acinetobacter baumannii isolates in different Italian hospitalsEdoardo Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia 27100, Italy
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 60:1-7. 2008....
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..caprae, Staphylococcus warneri, Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus schleiferi, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus pasteuri and Staphylococcus xylosus...
- Outbreak of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus spp. in an Italian general intensive care unitM Peta
Servizio di Anestesia e Rianimazione II, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:163-9. 2006..The outbreak was controlled by continuous implementation of the infection control programme, and by the opening of a new unit with an improved structural design and hand-washing facilities...
- Bactericidal activity of Pistacia lentiscus mastic gum against Helicobacter pyloriP Marone
Laboratorio di Batteriologia e Micologia Area Infettivologica, IRCCS S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 13:611-4. 2001..The influence of sub-MBCs of mastic gum on the morphologies of H. pylori was evaluated by transmission electron microscopy. The lentiscus resin induced blebbing, morphological abnormalities and cellular fragmentation in H. pylori cells...
- Rapid drug susceptibility of Mycobacterium avium complex using a fluorescence quenching methodP Marone
Laboratory of Bacteriology and Mycology, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 9:247-50. 1997..This rapid method is non-radiometric, noninvasive and does not require any special instruments...
- Pulmonary Cladophialophora boppii infection in a lung transplant recipient: case report and literature reviewCinzia Lastoria
Department of Hematological, Pneumological and Cardiovascular Sciences, Section of Pneumology, University of Pavia and Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:635-7. 2009..Herein we describe a C boppii parenchymal and bronchial infection in a lung transplant recipient. We also illustrate the clinicoradiologic patterns and review possible treatment options for these difficult infections...
- Assessment of handwashing practices with chemical and microbiologic methods: preliminary results from a prospective crossover studyCarlo Marena
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Am J Infect Control 30:334-40. 2002..In addition, we evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of 2 soap solutions used during regular working hours by HCWs at our institution...
- Genomic epidemiology of Klebsiella pneumoniae in Italy and novel insights into the origin and global evolution of its resistance to carbapenem antibioticsStefano Gaiarsa
Microbiology and Virology Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy Dipartimento di Scienze Veterinarie e Sanità Pubblica DIVET, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:389-96. 2015..The present study contributes to the understanding of K. pneumoniae evolution, providing novel insights into its global genomic characteristics and drawing a dated epidemiological scenario for this pathogen in Italy...
- Comparative in vitro activity of silver sulfadiazine, alone and in combination with cerium nitrate, against staphylococci and gram-negative bacteriaP Marone
Bacteriology and Mycology Laboratory, Infectivology Section, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 10:17-21. 1998..Our data confirm the efficacy of this topical agent in the prevention and treatment of infections in burns or other surgical wounds and suggest its possible use in clearing staphylococcal carriage as an alternative to mupirocin...
- [Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in an intensive care unit: a one-year survey]D Barbarini
Laboratorio Batteriologia e Micologia, Laboratori Sperimentali Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Italy
Infez Med 9:237-45. 2001..The method that we employed is highly reliable, easy to perform and not time-consuming. In our opinion, it could be the method of choice in the first screening of high numbers of isolates...