Affiliation: Catholic University
- Mingrone G, Manco M, Iaconelli A, Gniuli D, Bracaglia R, Leccesi L, et al. Prolactin and insulin ultradian secretion and adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase expression in severely obese women after bariatric surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008;16:1831-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the reduced adipose tissue LPL expression, being significantly correlated with the decrease in insulin and PRL, suggests a role of hyperinsulinemia and hyperprolactinemia in inducing and sustaining obesity. ..
- Mingrone G, Bertuzzi A, Capristo E, Greco A, Manco M, Pietrobelli A, et al. Unreliable use of standard muscle hydration value in obesity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;280:E365-71 pubmed..In conclusion, although the hydration of fat-free SM mass may be unchanged in obese subjects, the hydration of in toto muscle mass decreases as its lipid content increases...
- Mingrone G, Manco M, Calvani M, Castagneto M, Naon D, Zorzano A. Could the low level of expression of the gene encoding skeletal muscle mitofusin-2 account for the metabolic inflexibility of obesity?. Diabetologia. 2005;48:2108-14 pubmed..3 MFN2 mRNA percent (%) change+153.2; R2=0.61, p<0.001). We propose that the significant increase in MFN2 mRNA levels may explain the increase in glucose oxidation observed in morbid obesity following bariatric surgery. ..
- Mingrone G, Castagneto M. Medium-chain, even-numbered dicarboxylic acids as novel energy substrates: an update. Nutr Rev. 2006;64:449-56 pubmed..Therefore, dicarboxylic acids might be a suitable fuel substrate, particularly in clinical conditions in which marked insulin resistance and/or impairment of aerobic glycolysis occur...
- Mingrone G, Nolfe G, Gissey G, Iaconelli A, Leccesi L, Guidone C, et al. Circadian rhythms of GIP and GLP1 in glucose-tolerant and in type 2 diabetic patients after biliopancreatic diversion. Diabetologia. 2009;52:873-81 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, GIP secretion was blunted after the operation only in diabetic patients, suggesting a role in insulin resistance and diabetes. ..
- Previti E, Salinari S, Bertuzzi A, Capristo E, Bornstein S, Mingrone G. Glycemic control after metabolic surgery: a Granger causality and graph analysis. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017;313:E622-E630 pubmed publisher..The application of Granger causality and graph analyses sheds new light on the pathophysiology of metabolic surgery. ..